Aftermarket Bumper

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Test Fit

Ok I did a test fit the other night (finally cooled down enough for me to work late at night).

I'm not going to lie. It looks like crap right now. It is functional but I've got some more work to do. I wouldn't exactly say it is a "hidden" winch within my bumper.

I need to figure out how to cut the bolts that hold the bracket to the brackets on the bumper. If I remove the spacers I will get another 2" back from the 3.5 that it is sticking out now. So I could live with that. All I did was cut the stock brackets off and turn them around that gave me the few inches I needed to tuck that mounting bracket in there and keep it high enough that I don't ever have to worry about hitting it on the ground.

Anyone now how to cut a bolt without screwing up the threads? I don't have a die that big if I do. If I can figure that out I can take out the stock metal spacers and move it back. I can not do it now becuase then they are to long and hit the control box for the winch

Anyway more work to do in the future to clean it up but at least I don't have to get worried about getting stuck anymore.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Anyone now how to cut a bolt without screwing up the threads?

Put a nut on it before you cut it then after you cut it taper the end a little with a file. When you screw the nut off it should clean the threads enough to make it work fine.

Winch mount looks good :sweet

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
A sawzall works great on bolts. Do like Crumm suggested and run the nut up past where you want to cut the bolt and unthread it to clean up the threads.

Dave :thumbs

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect.

Thank you guys. That is easier than I thought it would be. When the heat index drops below 100 one of these nights or in my garage below about 110 I will have to head out there and do that and I'll post some new pics. I'm sure it will look a lot better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14