Aftermarket Bumper

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pictures of an OBS I saw at the beach this past summer.
It had Ranch Hand bumpers front and back...

Up close they looked pretty intimidating (sp?) espically if you were looking at them in your rear view.:D

RoReRi

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well those bumper prices don't scare me but, I guess they are just not meant to be just yet. I must be a horrible google searcher though. I was having a hard time finding good bumpers.

But I will save this thread and I'm hoping near the end of this year to be able to pick something up or maybe even earlier be able to fab something up like 93 Turbo animal. what he has looks pretty darn good. I don't have much of a shop but I can weld and have the basics. And I could always get a local machine shop to take care of the other parts. Heck I'm in it for the project half the time anyway.

Thank you again for all the input.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i priced one for the front of my truck the other day at a place down here in austin that custom makes them. the price ended up being a little over $1000 so i don't know what i'm gonna do yet

geonc

my other 4X4
Reaction score
clicky here
This guy builds some nice bumpers at a decent price :sweet

Altho Aric's is :hail :thumbs
Hey Aric....you put a winch cradle in yours?

Yea them Road Armor's are sure nice but DAY-UM....'spensive:sorry

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks Geo...that is more in my price range and looks pretty good. I took my bumper off (geeze only those 4 measly bolts....more like screws) and that is about as far as I got. I did some measureing but the next day I went in for eye surgery ( I can see it is a miracle:hail .....thank god the army paid for it:tounge ) and that was that until today as I recovered and of course a few other projects took up my time when I finally got out today (had to till up the garden for the woman.

But a few more careful measurements and drawings I need to make for some small brackets, and lastly a trip to the freindly machine shop down the road and I should be good to go. Hopefully by next weekend I will have it done and will make sure to take some pics for ya. Decided I liked the stock bumper look. Becuase if I did the front then I would want to do the back and I need to save the money for my 56 F-100 (boxing in the frame finally next week and designing some x-braces)

Ohhh by the way where is Necksville or is that a joke I couldn't find it on mapquest but then again my house has been here for 6 years and it is not on mapquest either.

geonc

my other 4X4
Reaction score
Addicted.....:D
I as well would like to somehow retain the stock look of the OBS bumper with a steath type winch mount...My bumper is already shimmed out 1" to accomodate the 305 Nitto's and also with the front receiver, I'm having a hard time finding room for my train horns :sly :thumbs

Finding ANYTHING aftermarket that is designed for our OBS trucks is painful at best :confused:

Ohhh by the way where is Necksville or is that a joke I couldn't find it on mapquest but then again my house has been here for 6 years and it is not on mapquest either.

:D Neckville is my reference {positive:sweet } for the small farming community called Four Oaks...between Smithfield and Benson......just up the road from you actually :tounge :sweet

Mobydick....melikes this one :thanks
Wi85FserGrlLgt-600x448.jpg

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Geo,

When I get it done I will have to drive up there and show it to ya. We need to get some sort of GTG going on up here.

Mapquest says you are over an hour away but it also makes me drive 45 minutes to the south to I-95 to get to you then drive north so I assume taking 27 would be a lot faster not to mention I need to see some of the country side around here.

Doesn't look like I will be going outside to get any measurements today though. Bit damp. :rolleyes:

I'll try and take some pictures of the process as I go.

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have stopped by the machine shop twice and I just keep missing the guy that is helping me out. But by tomorrow Morning we should have some plans drawn up and good measurements. Hopefully be able to pick up my truck that evening bring home the brackets and weld it all up.

Good guys though. I got to talking as I needed a 22mm hex to drain the tank on my mercedes, and the tool was going to cost 25 bucks at fastenall and take a week to get here. They cut some hex steel that they had there and gave me a piece of scrap to weld on for a handle. Came home welded it on in 2 mins and viola...25 dollar tool for FREE :) thats what I'm talking about. :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14