aih delete

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just completed thw aih mod. yesterday and when i fired it up this am when it was really cool, i found that i had lost my high idle. :dunno any way i can get this back without having to reverse the mod,? and if so how do i go about doing this? thanks to all. i have found some really cool ideals here.:clap:

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a good question I am sure somebody that has done the mod will reply. But from my understanding once you do the mod you won't have high idle anymore. That is what I have heard but somebody that has done the mod may say different.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just completed thw aih mod. yesterday and when i fired it up this am when it was really cool, i found that i had lost my high idle. :dunno any way i can get this back without having to reverse the mod,? and if so how do i go about doing this? thanks to all. i have found some really cool ideals here.:clap:

That is a good question I am sure somebody that has done the mod will reply. But from my understanding once you do the mod you won't have high idle anymore. That is what I have heard but somebody that has done the mod may say different.

:dunno I still have high Idle after 7 years of no AIH. it just comes on/up a bit slower, like 30 to 60 seconds after start-up ?

Remember.. there are several sensors that have to do with the High Idle circuit.. Oil, Coolant and Ambient air temp and the like.

Next time you start it up when it's cold-cold.. give it a minute, I'd betcha it'll idle up.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it doesn't you can always force yourself to get a ts chip, wildman or dp tuner. You'll get your high idle back and a little extra power.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine takes about 4 or 5 minutes to idle up on cold starts...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah. Mine takes a few minutes before it kicks in, and how cold it is is how high it goes too.

X2 and what I [Should].. have said.

If mine has sat for a couple'a days in the cold.. it'll idle up in a minute or so. Overnight, (?) it either won't idle up at all or takes 3-4 minutes.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the reply guys and the help on this subject. Speaking of which it is time for me to do that mod also.

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all u guys replying to my ? and u might be right about it not being cold enough but i would of thought that 18 above it would of been cold enough for the cold idle to kick in but it never did. if u guys have any ideals please let me know before i take it to the ford dealer which i darn sure don't want to do.:rant thanks again!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg