AIH Delete?

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just wonderin' what the AIH Delete was. Thanks!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fireman said:
Hey guys,

It's the elimination of your Air Intake Heater. It's a heating coil thats in your "Y" pipe, just before where the intake air goes into the heads. Looks like a pipe plug with wires come'n out of it, almost center of the engine, on the "Y" pipe, just after where the Pass. side Intercooler pipe & boot connect to the "Y" pipe.

This thing is about as big around as your thumb and is about 4" long. And.... it's Smack Dab in the middle of the intake air flow..... an un-nessesary restriction (IMO). It only operates in cold weather, as an aid in warming up yer engine faster (supposedly)

Many of the Site Sponcors Have AIH Delete retro kits, with instructions for Un-wireing the OEM stuff.

20 minute Mod.

JOE

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Fireman said:
Hey guys,
If you have a Autozone,Checker,NAPA,etc auto parts nearby swing in there and pickup a Dodge Cummins oil pan plug as it threads right up! :sweet
It's a 22mm x 1.5 thread.

Bill

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of this...

As most of you know I live in hell,... urrrrm Havasu .... and I don't need things to warm the motor up quicker... I already removed the EBPV... so this sound like something else to help keep things flowing nicely.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Dieselmeister said:

As most of you know I live in hell,... urrrrm Havasu .... and I don't need things to warm the motor up quicker... I already removed the EBPV... so this sound like something else to help keep things flowing nicely.

I would like pictures also, do you have to do anything to the wiring?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Dieselmeister said:

Here's the article from our Wiki :sweet ARTICLE LINK

CHPMustang

Reaction score
whatabudro said:
I would like pictures also, do you have to do anything to the wiring?
Just have to remove the red wire and re-install the blue wire,either I can come over or ya'll stop on by,it'll be installed and done with in under 10 mins :sweet

Bill

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a 7.3L only mod ?!?!?

ya guys gotta member there are us red-headed step child 6-OHNO liter owners on here as well :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14