Air Intakes

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Hey folks,
It's me again muhahaha!! Anyways, been tossin up the idea of switchin intakes. Right now I've got the Tymar intake. But have thought about the AFE Stage 2 w/pro guard 7 or the AIS. First off what is this noise that is supposed to be heard with the open intake? Cause I have yet to hear anything different with what I have, it bein open an all. Also in y'alls opinion, which of those two is better? But like I said, just tossin the idea around right now an figured I'd get some second opinions on it. Thanks folks, and thanks for all the other help I've recieved.

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
I have the AFE stage I but I would love to have the stage II. I really like mine. I have a 4 inch exhaust as well. I passed a buddy awhile back and he told me when we got to where were going that he loved the sound as I passed. I never noticed it. So I got my wife to drive and I sat on the passenger side with the window open and what a fantastic sound. I don't notice it as much from the driver side.:D

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I guess the first question to answer is........... what are you looking to gain by switching intakes? You are running one of the better aftermarket intake setups right now with the TYMAR, are you looking for better filtration yet or a performance increase or just to spend some hard earned cash(which isnt a bad thing)..... just posing some questions here is all.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
I Agree With 95 Stroker... The NAPA 6637 is probably one of the BEST Filter Medias out there for our Trucks, The One thing you may be able to do to provide more cold air would be to do the Zoo-Dad Mod. As from Wht I witnessed on my first Motor on my current Truck I will not EVER use a Cotton Media Filter again... At least not on our Diesel. The Turbo Blade had looked like some one had taken a bead blaster to them and ploished/pitted the blade edges... since installing the new Motor I went with a home made version of the Tymar.. i.e. 2" section of 4" exhaust tube, a 4.5 inch hose clamp, removed the portion of the Battery Tray that housed the Air filter, set the 6637 in its place and clamped the ends shut, EGT's went down from the Stock Box.. plus you can really hear it when the Turbo is doing its thing...

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Another vote to stick with the Napa filter here!:D

I was dusted a little by a five layer cotton gauze filter(Airaid setup) that became pin-holed.The coupling piece is slightly to small, loosened up once on the hose side!:( The 7-layer PG7 with a sock might work for me.:dunno The AIS is what I would go to probably, but I see alot of dirt roads!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14