Alignment or ball joints?

glassauto

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Not bad but i would have them check both sides they tend to go out together mine did along with all the tierods

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Well, lools like it is my drivers side upper ball joint is bad. Which explains the uneven tire wear. And im gonna go ahead and replace the lower while im at it. I took it to a small locally owned alignment shop over in shreveport called walkers spring and brake. They seem to have a pretty good reputation and have been in buisness since 1928. They quoted me $300-$400 to replace both ball joints and align it. That seems pretty damn reasonable to me. What do you guys think?

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Well, i climbed under the truck and watched him check them and the passenger side was tight as a whistle. I was kinda thinking that too that they should wear out together, but no need in replacing the passegers sode when they are tight right?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
They generally don't WEAR out together. One side generally gets hammered by a rock (s) and that takes it out. Or sends it on its way to destruction.

Dave:)

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One side generally gets hammered by a rock (s) and that takes it out. Or sends it on its way to destruction.

Dave:)

Or hauling a load and you find that one wonderful pothole or during highway construction the sign that says bump is right next to it.:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58