Alright guys, please talk me out of this

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Help RoyBoy figger out what to do thread

Well as much of a 6.0L guy that I am, Shorty just ain't holding up. I been chasing injectors and a vibration all year and pretty much got it figured out, had to do with the flywheel being slightly off center. Decided to stick a new rear main seal in being it WAS leaking and on a wild thought decided to check crankshaft end play with the seal out. The end play (forward to back) was fine, but I discovered I had .011 in VERTICAL (up and down) play :eek:. I'm sure it will run fine back together, but I sure don't wanna run it long like that. Started thinkin about pulling engine, remove bed plate, roll in bearings, then I started thinking about everything being stressed out. But I think I'm more stressed than my crankshaft or rods :rolleyes:. So I started shopping. This is what I found. Please talk me out of this :lmao

Here is is
Kinda looks like shorty all grown up. It's actually a Ford BuyBack from South Carolina I guess. Went over the oaisis and the only thing that sounded at all serious was a single injector issue. Comes with a 12mo/ 12k bumper to bumper warranty It's an early 08, in service July 07. Yeah it's an auto. Somebody please come hit me in the head :dizzy
Kind of thinking leavin it all stock for the 12 months, beat it hard, and see how it holds up. Then after no warranty, time for it's weight loss program :sly
Also considered going new, but there is a big jump in $$$ to that.

Last edited:

Fine69

Reaction score
BUY IT, BUY IT, BUY IT! Have you driven a 6.4 yet? You'll kick yourself for not buying one sooner! Put an Intake, Tuner, and do the delete's, and you'll forget all about any 6.0! That price is a bit high though, see what they can do about that and I'd say go for it!

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roy I like my 08 drives really nice, tows even better then my 04 did. Fuel mileage stinks. Mileage is my only problem gripe so far. I have been doing so reading and there has been some reports of problems with bottem end of 6.4 motor with gearing over 4.10. When I was looking around for a truck I found 2 that had new motors and had gearing like 4.30 and 4.55. The rods are the problem. I talked with one of Bill at Powerstrokehelp shop guy and he said the samething about the tall gears.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Something else isn't right with the ad. It says 5 spd automatic tranny in the top part of the description, but 6 spd manual tranny later on. The photos clearly show the column shift, but it makes me wonder what else they have wrong??

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy Back ?

Is there a way of finding out ALL the Reasons for the Buy Back ???

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
You been lookin at that 95 dash waaay too long, Rich :tounge

well it IS the best lookin dash of all the generations :tounge

its got no style to it.way toooooooo straight,big and boxy,just like the newer grills.i like rounded flowing curves/bends

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58