Alright guys, please talk me out of this

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
34k buys you one spec built 6.0 and a bunch of new shoes for momma. think about it.

True, but remember that I've got a F250 with a whole pile of stuff added to make it handle the job. It also has 253k on it. Starting to rust too :( The other problem is that I am absolutely swamped with work and as much as I'd enjoy building something, I gotta work to pay the bills. Besides, I thought that was what I did last winter, heads, studs, injectors, fan clutch, South Bend Clutch, cost me 7k in parts, all my labor and 4 weeks out of service. This is the 3rd engine in this truck too, in case anyone forgot.
I also don't plan to spend 34k on it. It's been sitting there for almost 4 months ;)
I did drive a local F-450 yesterday, set up about the same except 4.88 gears and a sunroof.

I found a better link directly to the dealer's site. Clicky

Oh and my wife likes this one too. It's an auto. She can drive it :D

Thanks for the input so far. :sweet

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I'd buy a 6.7 before I bought a 6.4. Of course the 6.7 hasnt been around that long to really know the pros and cons of it. Only bad thing I've heard about the 6.4 is the mpg. I really do like that truck though, it definately aint no shorty haha:sweet

Fine69

Reaction score
You do know the 2011 450's are nowhere near what the 08-10's were right? They don't have the 450 axles or brakes in them anymore.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
You do know the 2011 450's are nowhere near what the 08-10's were right? They don't have the 450 axles or brakes in them anymore.

Yeah I know that. That was one reason I like the 08-10's. :sweet

So how much should I offer on the 08? 20k? :D

ducky1402

Reaction score
no complaints with my 08. Truck drives great.....As for the buy back, I Sold cars for many years, I would be willing to say with the miles it was a lease buy back.... Also as for the add not all being perfect remeber who puts the adds online. At my dealership we had an i.t. kid that couldn't tell you what the radiator was under the hood lol. Price may be worked down a bit though. Good luck to you :D

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score

what you talking bout willis ?:stir

roy i know i jumped ship but i like the 450's wish i had a need for one just a little bit

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
what you talking bout willis ?:stir

roy i know i jumped ship but i like the 450's wish i had a need for one just a little bit

The 2011's have 17" wheels just like the 350's do, hence smaller brakes. Rear axle is lighter too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14