Amsoil Bypass installation

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... I just finished installing an amsoil bypass kit. Everything went great, I bought the new billet filter cap that is tapped for the pressure side, and the new billet fill cap for the return side. Those saved me a ton of time, and they look pretty sweet. For the filter mount I fabbed an aluminum bracket that mounts to the alternator bolts. I will try to take some pics and post them when it is not dark out. For the new fill I used mobil delvac 1 esp 5w-40synthetic. I cant wait to send off my first sample to blackstone!

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, how much did it all cost you once you were done? been planning this mod for awhile now, just need to pull the trigger.
Cant wait to see some pics

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it was right around 320 to get the billet caps and everything. 170 without? It was nice to get everything as a kit, no running around town to get fittings, line, filter holder, etc. I also bought a preferred membership...10 bucks saved me 120. The only thing I would consider doing differently is the filter mount kit. All it was was a standard filter holder, a bag of fittings, some air brake line and some screw together ends for the hose. I probably could have made it for half the price, but I could not find a filter holder with the correct threads for amsoil filters. The filter is 1"-12 and all I could find in town were 1"-16. (Probably didn't look hard enough.) If anyone is wondering how they do the restriction orifice, it is a brass plug threaded into the center of the filter holder, right inside the threaded part that the filter spins onto, and it has about a 1/16" hole drilled into it. Next time I change, I will get the eabp110 filter, since I DO have enough room for the bigger filter.

This is what I had to order:
bk1101 filter cap 95.00
bk1102 oir fill cap 50.00
bp242 (qty. 2) 90 degree elbows 7.00
eabp100 absolute bypass filter 29.45
bmk21 filter mount kit 130.50

Oh yeah the kit came with some SWEET stickers:rolleyes: so that is like 10 hp/sticker if I put them on right?

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus $28/gallon for the mobil delvac 1 oil in bulk, and like $20 for a new motorcraft filter. So add another 150 for that, I guess.

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here are some pics of the bracket and the install. Next step... clean up the engine compartment..... when it is a little warmer.

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice job.. nice clean braket you made.. i have the oil filter cap alrdy for my oil pressure gauge.. so thats 80 bucks i wouldnt have to spend.. im just worried about running oil for that long.. i like changing every 5,000 miles. still not completly sold on the idea..

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy has this set up on his '97 and had 80k on the Amsoil he had in the engine. He sent in a sample once a year and it always passed with flying colors. He finally changed it just for piece of mind. I'm definitely doing this mod when I save up the cash.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
nice install krist-

this info. is all in here, someone posted this elsewhere and i JUST got done listening to it yesterday. although he states the kit is # bmk11 - can you verify?
POWERSTROKEHELP.COM - The Information Source for Ford Power Stroke Diesel Owners
lots of great cool info in here....and the guy seems to know his shizznit/and seems personable..

i certainly gots to gets me one of these systems

p.s. where did you get that piece of aluminum? w/ all the bends, it looks pretty custom bent to fit that application...
p.s.s. one question i did have upon watching the video yesterday was - when changing oil, do you have to take off the elbow fitting to take off the blue caps? OR just unscrew the big blue caps?

Last edited:

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bracket you made is very sweet.... you should make a few extras and sell them. I'd buy one to have a nice clean install. I'm hoping to do this mod in the next 6 months or so.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg