AMSOIL BYPASS SYSTEM

jhamlin164

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Thought I'd take some pictures of the Amsoil Bypass Filter system that I had installed a while back.......................sent off my first oil sample today after 18,000 miles. I really want to get a feel for whether or not this system works. Most of my driving has been highway miles (42 miles roundtrip every day) The hoses that come with the system are ridiculously inadequate, so I had to go to an hydraulic hoses store here in Southern Cal and have some braided stainless steel hoses made especially for this application. They really look good and are rated at 500 psi.:thumb: Prior to sending my oil sample off, I was running Amsoil 15W40 motor oil with the Amsoil EaO88 oil filter, and the Amsoil BMK-11 bypass oilf filter. They maintain that their bypass filter will work at 98% efficiency down to 2 microns particle size..........................we all know that over 60% of engine wear is caused by particles that are between 6-15 microns in size. Guess I'm about to find out (when the report comes back) if this system is all it's advertised to be. At any rate, here are some photos of the system in place. The bypass filter is mounted down under the truck on the framerail on the passenger side.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JH, it looks great. Your engine compartment is so clean and,
makes for a real sharp looking truck.

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing except got my SS braided hose (1/4") from Summit Racing and put the filter on the driver's side. One thing I haven't had to do is drill any holes in the frame, there's plenty there to use. Having the oil bypass filter and three fuel filters all on one side makes replacing them easier.

I just went 10K miles on my EaPB-100 and Shell Rotella synthetic. Blackstone recommended that it was too long, so I'm back to 7500 mile oil changes.

Thanks,

Al

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI
This is not Apple to Apple but I had a 2001 / 7.3 with 218K miles using AMSOIL Bypass Filter with only 2 oil changes. Yes I used AMSOIL Series 3000 HD 5W-30 oil.
The new to 2006 6.0 will soon have a By PASS System With an oil designed for long drains you can run the miles.

Ken

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it is easier to copy than re invent do you have a detail list of parts used for this installation?

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size is the hydraulic hoses since I will copy your style of installation? Pipe and hose sizes have always been confusing to me

Thanks
Ken

jhamlin164

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
AMSOIL: The Jury Has Returned With A Verdict.........

Gentlemen,

As per my promise, the results are back from the oil analysis...........after 18,000 miles, I'm told that the OIL WAS STILL GOOD!:sweet

As I said earlier in the post, I've already changed the oil, but man does it feel good to know that I could've run it even longer!;tu

I've included a scanned image of both sides of the Oil Analysis report. You guys can now scrutinize the hell out of these results and make decisions accordingly on your own rigs...:D

I found it rather interesting that the anti-wear additives and dispersant-detergent additives (magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, & zinc) were still pretty good after 18,000 miles......:cool:

Also of note was the fact that the iron numbers were within normal limits (29); don't know what the normal range is, but my oil analysis did not say that it was high.

I have to say, in all honesty, that I'll feel a lot better when I take the next oil samples and send one to this lab (Amsoil affiliate) and the other one to Blackstone Labs. I'd like to compare the two and see if they come to similar conclusions regarding the condition of the oil.

prudiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
anyone know if there are any conflicting issues with a bypass filter in a racing diesel? i'm currently in the process of modding mine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58