AMSOIL BYPASS SYSTEM

jwplunkett

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all

First I must admit that I am a synthetic fan and have been using Amsoil in all of my vehicles for years with good results

However I don't believe in the long drain intervals recommended
-Regardless what an oil analysis report states
-Personally I change at half mileage synthetic oil manufacturer states
-Now I agree with performing the Oil analysis just to get the data
-My suggestion is to run synthetic fluids thru out vehicle

Second just because I am an Amsoil fan doesn't mean I purchase all of their product offerings
-Its my viewpoint each must stand on its own technical merits
-After conducting my independent research on all of the OIL By-pass units on the market
-I selected the FS-2500 :: Bypass Filter System

For additional info / details I copied and inserted earlier E-mail string below
http://www.superdutydiesel.com/foru...ne-oil-transmission-fluid-help-selection.html

Hope this helps

Great evening to all

John from Colfax NC

jwplunkett

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First & foremost great looking / quality install on the Bypass filtration system goes out to Jhamlin164 :clap:

Suggest anyone reviewing this web link conduct their own independent research based on technical data rather than any marketing / sales pitch .

My personal viewpoint is the best two Bypass filtration systems currently available on the market are FS2500.com & Amsoil.com
-So couldn't go wrong with either one
-I selected the FS2500 based on the technical data removing soot & other damaging particles / best technical data / ratings
-To date the FS2500 does exactly what was advertised
-And I would make the same selected if had to do it over again
-And am most happy with the FS2500 performance
-The install kit was complete and easy to install
-Just makes me feel better with all fluids being filtered with Bypass systems
-The dollar investment is totally worth it considering dollars we spent for our Trucks
-I would rather conduct preventative maint procedures versus hoping the Factory warranty will cover failures
-Plus I personally dont believe in any Extended Warranties --- if a person purchases a good quality product ( Electronics, Cars, Trucks etc ) than paying for extended warranty in money wasted

Also noticed that Amsoil came out with a newer model of Bypass kit
-So would definitely give it a close look see / review

In my Truck I have installed every possible By-pass system
-Coolant Bypass - Dieselsite.com
-Transmission Bypass - Dieselsite.com
-Diesel Engine Bypass - FS2500.com blemished / scratched saved a bunch
-Amsoil Fluids thru out Truck
-Also upgraded the Transmission Pan - Dieselsite.com
-Upgarded the Rear differential cover - Dieselsite.com
-Just a note of appreciation to Bob Riley at Dieselsite
Great support and will definitely be purchasing additional items from Dieselsite.com once I locate full time employment -- got caught up in company wide lay offs --- the economy just has to turn for the better .

-Just my two cents worth
-Hope this helps a bit

Great evening to all

i-Henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering...

Was there anyway that you could have installed the kit under the hood. I take my truck off road and don't want anything that critical hanging under the frame rails. Was that just your choice or a recommended mounting point.
I would be more interested in trying to find a place on the firewall.
:stir

Scot

;()
Reaction score
I looked for ways to do that with mine and decided the only option was to relocate a battery. So mine is a horizontal mount on the frame. The only downside is messy oil changes.

Follow link in signature for pics.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would think a by pass filter is NOT what you want to run in a Hiperformance diesel engine. You want to keep your oil flowing AND clean, and the by pass does not flow very high. It is a BY PASS filter.

Dave

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bypass filter

daveben;

I don't think you have a good handle on what a bypass filter is all about. The BP filter takes a small amount of the oil and filters it to a degree not able with the stock setup. Over the same amount of running time the BP filter engine oil is much cleaner than the oil in a stock setup. With the 6.0 fuel system, clean oil is paramount to proper operation of the engine. Whether you run a stock power engine or one with power enhancements, clean oil is critical in this engine for proper operation of the fuel injectors. The amount of oil tapped off the from the main oil filter is minimal, as to filter to the degree the BP filter does it has to be at a low pressure. So over a long period of time the entire oil quantity is filtered down to a really clean level.
I have to think that a lot of the engine troubles on the 6.0 are a result of people spending too much time and money on performance additions, and too little time and money on basic maintenance. I bet there are a lot of people on this forum that are modding their intake or exhaust, but have never drained the fuel filter, and/or are running dirty old dino oil.

i-Henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil by-pass uses.

Actually I do understand what they are and what they are for, but what I don't know is what do they increase your interval to or is it just an additional measure of protection during normal oil changes. My truck is a daily driver and 90% of the time, on paved roads. 10% of the time, I may be towing a trailer or off roading with friends.
I've started running synthetic oil now that the motor is broken in, but I don't want to be pouring out good money. I've also looked into oil analysis and the Intellistick that monitors the quality of your oil, telling you when an oil change is recommended or necessary.
For instance, with normal oil, I change oil about every 4 months because on average I put 500-800 miles a month on my truck. I make it a point that whenever I start my truck, I take the long route so that the engine and transmission get to operating temperature.
I plan on having this truck for some time, (unless I move to an 2010 model) and I want it to last. For everything else, I pretty much follow the factory schedule for fuel filter changes, transmission flushes, etc...

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bypass filter

My post was to DaveBen, but regardless, if you are looking to keep your truck for a while, the bypass oil system is definitely the way to go. The 6.0 oil quality is closely tied to how well the fuel delivery system works. The injectors will last longer, with better performance over their life, when the bypass system is used. If you use the same oil interval you will only be better off, and there are lots of people who use it to extend their oil change interval with analysis. I use synthetic, and follow closer to the recommended interval, but it is not cheap, but neither is a set of injectors.

i-Henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry. I noticed that it was to someone else but I had already typed the message. :)
And I admit, I was to lazy to adapt my response, but I do thank you for the information. Another think that I'm looking at the by-pass system for is better filtering. I've seen some kits with a remote filter that is larger and filters better than stock.
Right now though, I'll probably go with a basic by-pass setup and make sure that I put it in an area that is easy to get to, but well protected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58