and the saga continues

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i still cant figure out WTF is wrong with this *@$#*!& truck!!!-mad

i back truck out of shop,do a contribution test on it.the test says #2 has a fault.so i do a cct again and it says #2 has a fault.so im like WAHOOOOOO i found the bad injector finally.so i give good ole Mr.Bean a call.tell him what i did and he says ok new injector on its way.so i then pull truck back into shop to swap #2 with another cylinder,but decide to run a CCT again for the hell of it.well now CCT says "system pass"-mad

ok now new injector shows up a few days later.

well since cct keeps saying "system pass"everytime i run the test i dont know where to but said injector :confused:

ok so i pull truck outside and do the CCT again.it says #3 has a fault.4 more CCTs that keep saying #3 has a fault.so i stick said new injector in the #3 hole.run truck to get air out and run the CCT again.now it says#3,4,5,8 have faults.so im like WTF!!!!so i run said truck again and do CCT again and this time it says different cylinders have faults.so im like WTF!!!!run truck some more and do one more CCT before i give up for the night.CCT says "system pass".now keep in mind that the truck is skipping like a litle girl playing hop scotch while it says "system pass".

now on to tonight.well i stick a 4.7K OHM resistor in the EOT plug to trick ECM into thinking the oil is hot.run CCT.comes up system pass again.so i bolt the valve covers on for the first time in almost a month and reconnect the intercooler pipes for the first time in almost a month and proceed to take said truck for one hell of a beat ride.i beat the snots out of it with full intentions of blowing the motor again.on the way back from the parts store i hammered the hell out of it trying to beat a red light(wich i did :D )let out of the throttle and it dies at 70MPH :eek: .so i get it slowed down and on the side of the road.well now it wont start.just cranks like hell.called my buddy to come get me with the 4 car carrier.and while waiting i looked at the tach while cranking.WHOA!! the tach aint moveing.so im like ok the cps died and maybe thats my problem.WRONG!!!well somehow it blew the #9 maxi fuse under the hood.so i pop another fuse out of to rplace the blown fuse.truck fires right up but i have no brake lights or abs.

so now im pissed and drive it back to the shop with no brake lights,almost got rearended.

now back to the shop i run another CCT in park.it says "system pass".so i decide to try it again in drive with the E brake on.well now it comes up with #2,4,5,6.do it again in drive and it says #3,4,5,6 have faults.pull it back into shop and do the cct one more time in drive and now it says "system pass"do it again in park and it says system pass.all the while it is skipping like a sick whore with too much coffee in her system.so once again i am like WTF!!!!!!! .i came real close to punchin the windshield out of it and came very close to throwing a rather large screwdriver at the back window.never mind standing there with a gas can full of gass and book of matches ready to burn it.

oh and it passes the buzz test,koeo and keor tests everytime.no burnt wireing.so any idea what this things issue is?the only other time it has pulled this crap was when i got the stage1 injectors wich i guess were junk and then i got the stage 2s and it has run like a raped ape till this past february.i havent driven this truck more than 100 miles in the last six months.-mad -mad -mad

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
.i havent driven this truck more than 100 miles in the last six months.-mad -mad -mad

I dont really have anything to offer, y'all know more than me. But what about bad fuel? It has been sitting for a while?

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Take a day off!
Think about the wiring harness(s) you had to disconnect and reconnect while doing the engine swap.
Unplug VC connects and look at them with a magnifine glass, make sure those pins are not burnt or bent of something.
Rick H...

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well i did change the main engine harness.i used the harness that came with the motor cuz it looked better than mine.so today i swapped back to my original harness.ran the same.i have no burnt/missing pins on the UVCs.i tried another IDM and PCM.still no change.

i put it all back together again so that i could try to use it to help move my sister and pick up a couch for my house tomorrow.i fired it up to let it run before leaving the shop and all of a sudden it started skipping real bad.it is now skipping hard and smokeing so bad that it will fill my shop with black smoke within 3 minutes with the 14' door open.it now sounds like it did when the injector nozzle cracked that caused all my problems.

so now i guess im pulling injectors again tomorrow.-mad -mad -mad

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well now its running the same as it has been.went to turn it around and back it into the shop.and it ran like it has been.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl