and the saga continues

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, how bout running it w/ stock injectors? I have a hard time believing that another inj went bad, but i guess its possible. Im leaning towards an electrical problem.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
dont have any stock injectors,i sent them off to bean for a trade on a future purchase.

in park you can slightly feel the skip.run the CCT and it says system pass.

put it in drive with the E brake on and you can feel the skip.run the CCT and it says cylinders 3 4 5 6 have faults.once in a while itll say cylinders 2 3 4 5 6 have faults.all my UVCs are good,the gasket pins are good,the main harness plugs are good.

i dont know what else to do.ive tryed everything i can think of.i even installed the HPO cross over hose the other day with no change.

im gonna give bean a call tomorrow after i get done doing injector orings on a 466DTE and see what he says.

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
Rich

I know how frustrating these kinds of things can be, but atleast you have other drivers. Just a thought, but what is your ipr duty cycle doing and can you plumb a gauge to your HPOP? I used to just get ticked, but I found you get more done if you don't.

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Rich is their any chance that somethings wrong with your scanner the reason its so sporadic and not letting you find your real problem Just a thought

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
hey Rich is their any chance that somethings wrong with your scanner the reason its so sporadic and not letting you find your real problem Just a thought

i highly doubt it since the scanner itself was 4,000.00 and gets updated twice a year at 500.00 each.there is something definately wrong with the truck.it is doing the same thing that yours has been doing that yall over on oilburners believed to be normal.

Radarman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rich.. I agree you should plug in a physical HPOP gauge in. Remember you did that HPOP res mod here before you started the engine. Possible that you either, 1 - got some metal chips in the injectors, or 2 - the mod is messing things up, or 3 - the motor is fubar somehow.

I really dont thing that #1 is a possibility, because all the metal chips are AFTER the HPOP pump in the IPR return system, but you never know. I doubt that #2 is the case, because my fater and law and I both really thought about all this and all the mod does is modify the IPR bypass oil flow just a bit. Last, #3 - Gosh.. I really cant comment on this cus I have no idea.

Just a note here.. My truck has been doing similar things as well. I think that it is a bad injector but I cant really tell because the oil system keeps going dry, hense the reason I am doing this HPOP mod in the first place. Good luck and have a dew! Sit back and really think about this. I think you should figure that something is causing the truck to fire intermittantly, so concentrate on that, not the injectors themselves.

My .02

Chris

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well a little update.

i tried a known good IDM out of a friends truck yesterday,no change.checked the codes later in the afternoon and it had a code for intermittent CPS :confused: .cps is only about 6 months old alhough that dont rule it out as bad.cleared the codes and it hasnt come back yet.

oh and i had 2 toys for my nephews on my dash.they were those life like animals you get at wally world for 2 bux each.they are rubbery and stretchy.well you can see the skip in the tail of the lizard one and in the fins of the shark.when i take off from a stop you can see them shake.

Last edited:

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
thrust?

94f450sd said:
well a little update.

i tried a known good IDM out of a friends truck yesterday,no change.checked the codes later in the afternoon and it had a code for intermittent CPS :confused: .cps is only about 6 months old alhough that dont rule it out as bad.cleared the codes and it hasnt come back yet.

oh and i had 2 toys for my nephews on my dash.they were those life like animals you get at wally world for 2 bux each.they are rubbery and stretchy.well you can see the skip in the tail of the lizard one and in the fins of the shark.when i take off from a stop you can see them shake.

On the cps note is it possible that you might have excessive endplay in your cam letting the cps see intermittent signal? I would think your buss and cont test wouldn't be affected by that and it would either run or not, but ....?

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
i highly doubt it since the scanner itself was 4,000.00 and gets updated twice a year at 500.00 each.there is something definately wrong with the truck.it is doing the same thing that yours has been doing that yall over on oilburners believed to be normal.
well hell then its running just fine and you been crying about nothin all this time cause from what you have described our trucks run nothing alike mine idles fine drives fine and pulls ok no missing smoking or lurching so nothing alike the only thing mine does is if you rev it up with no load on the motor it it hickups then clears up as for the price of the scanner that has nothin to do with it everything can malfunction and it was just a thought since it sounded like you had checked about everything on the truck :roflmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl