annoying vibration

tidalbreak

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello, first time forum user. I have this annoying vibration at the trans/trnsfercase area when I put it i reverse, everything seems tight as can be. My truck is a 02 7.3 with a stage two all billet trans 8" lift 40x22 toyos on diesel rims all black. help????

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
'splain, Rrrucy...
vibration NOISE or vibration FEEL???

Last edited:

whiteduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Did you check the trans mount with torque on it? Sometimes it is not visible unless you actualy have somone in the truck with it in gear while you are looking.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I must've been drinking when I answered that..
anyway...
if you're getting a vibration NOISE.. buzz, rattle, rumble, whine, etc..
you need to look for stuff that's LOOSE; mounts, shields, brackets...
if you can FEEL it, then you look at like things interfering with each other; exhaust hits on frame, etc...
now, with your truck being lifted, the change in driveline angles might have something to do with it as well...try (as odd as it my sound) removing the rear driveshaft and running it in reverse and see if it still does it.. at least you eliminate the "drive" parts of the equation..

Bad Night

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try (as odd as it my sound) removing the rear driveshaft and running it in reverse and see if it still does it.. at least you eliminate the "drive" parts of the equation..[/QUOTE]

Just be sure to give it pleanty of time to stop before shifting to park , maybe even shut it off .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14