Another Case Of Fed Judge Making Laws..

Reaction score
I knew there was more to this story!
Thanks, Peter, for your legal insight and for "un-muddying the waters". (pun intented).:roflmao

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Tx Atty, I pasted your post to a boating site I frequent. They were having a fit about the judge. I hope you don't mind. If you do let me know and I will pull it :sweet

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
no, I dont care. I even wrote the publisher about it. Surprisingly I got a quick response admitting a mistake. Apparently they had put up a semi-admission although it wasnt worded as such.

I have a real problem with the way judges have been villified by the GOP in the last few years. It's wrong and dangerous and very frequently incorrect. Im a man without a party anymore. Oh well.

Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
no, I dont care. I even wrote the publisher about it. Surprisingly I got a quick response admitting a mistake. Apparently they had put up a semi-admission although it wasnt worded as such.

I have a real problem with the way judges have been villified by the GOP in the last few years. It's wrong and dangerous and very frequently incorrect. Im a man without a party anymore. Oh well.

Peter,

I've noticed that, as well. Any ideas where it's coming from? Accountability to a fault? Not sure I understand the motive.:dunno

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
really I dont either. I can only guess it is easy to make something like an unpopular decision a campaign issue. Posturing I suppose. If they rant against a judge they say is wrong then they bolster support for their campaign by implying they will, or even can, do something about it. I could be wrong but it is the only thing I can come up with.

Unpopular decisions used to stand for the proposition that the law needed to be changed. You have non-lawyers drafting laws and they very frequently make mistakes or it loses something in translation once enacted and used. Hell, even lawyer congressmen will make the same mistakes. They are all human (for the most part anyway). It's how the system is supposed to work. If you draft it with a problem, go back and fix it next time you can.

Judges already have enough problems with crazy people trying to kill them when a decision goes against them. We dont need politicians fueling the fire for the sake of another vote.

Reaction score
Agreed!
I don't get it....I thought that's what amendments were for. I don't always agree with judges decisions, but for the most part the make the best decisions they can with what they have to work with. :dunno

I guess you could vote for Kinky or Grandma.....they're independent. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58