Another EGR

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Egr !!!

It's unfortunate but Ohio has vehicle emission testing. Mine wasn't tested yet it has to X number of years old. I've heard you need this part to pass emissions so living here sucks cause my truck could be living a better life somewhere else with out some of this BS emission stuff.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the high idle mod and you shoud be good. I still wouldn't idle more than I had to even with the mod, but I am not afraid of idling either.

Low fuel pressure is a common issue also -and it can get exensive by ruining injectors. If you have indications of combustion issues (ie carbon), then a fuel pressuire gauge is a wise investment.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the high idle mod and you shoud be good. I still wouldn't idle more than I had to even with the mod, but I am not afraid of idling either.

The high idle mod is key if u need the truck to idle to reduce carbon buildup - I use it in the morning to help warm the truck faster too ;tu

devgru2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I got a quick question for you gentlemen, i am currently getting me egr deleted. The mech said that he will install the up pipe and remove the cooler BUT leave the valve in place. Is this ok? I mean with the valve in place and still plugged in (so it does not show a check engine light), will the delete kit still do its job?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58