Another "Random Thoughts" by Hoss (Conspiracy theory in the UN???)

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
It has been a while since I’ve posted one of my long-winded, rambling rants of non-sensical jibberish regarding random world events. I am feeling withdrawal symptoms setting in, and even though I’ve tried, I cannot distance myself from the need to point out a headline that I saw this morning in the Coeur d’ Alene newspaper (that’s pronounced Coor-duh-lane to you non-French speakers out there).

The headline reads “Sanctions Proving Difficult to Enforce” and I thought that maybe the article would be about the various ways that Iran and North Korea had found to get past blockades and smuggle goods in throught he sanctions.

I was wrong.

The article was about how UN member nations were more or less blatantly ignoring the UN imposed sanctions and were sending trade goods in, anyway. This is not a second “Oil for Food” scandal. No, this is a blatant disregard for the UN resolution. They are not even trying to hide it like in “Oil for Food”.

I was annoyed.

It occurred to me that the US was very heavily criticized for its unilateral action at the beginning of the Iraq war. I am wondering where the criticism is now of this UNILATERAL ACTION???

It also occurred to me that when the US acted unilaterally, they did so IN ACCORDANCE with 14 SEPARATE UN RESOLUTIONS. So, basically, we decided to do, on our own, what the UN had been saying for 12 years that it was GOING to do, but never did, and got HEAVILY CRITICIZED for it.

This current UNILATERAL ACTION is IN DEFIANCE of the UN resolutions, and no one says a single thing about it.

That proves it beyond a reasonable doubt. The UN expects you to not listen or follow through with their demands. There are so many examples:

Iraq (14 resolutions, no action)

Darfur (how many resolutions? How many DEAD? MURDERED? RAPED? No action)

Iran (Are they nuclear YET? Will them going nuclear actual matter to the UN? Or will it matter more when the US trys to STOP Iran from going nuclear? No action)

Bosnia/Serbia (How many resolutions? How many TORTURED, RAPED, ROUNDED UP AND EXECUTED??? No UN action, non-unilateral NATO action, and since NATO is comprised of the strongest nations within the UN, the only criticism the UN could come up with was aimed at the US)

I think that I’ve come to a conclusion about the UN, and I think it may have rocked me to my core. I can’t believe it took me this long.

The UN has no desire to “police the world”, as many see it. Its single desire is to be the most powerful organization in the world, and to do so by using peaceful (read “subversive” and “shady”) means. They see the US as being the only power in the world that surpasses them, and so they are actively working on ways to sway world opinion against us, undermine us, and eventually destroy us.

They allow things that a good, honest society cannot tolerate, until the good, honest society does something about it. Then, they scream at the top of their lungs about how the good, honest society is evil, acted unilaterally, has evil, selfish intentions, and hates peace. Then, they allow more things, and more things to happen that we cannot tolerate, and the further in we go, the more they hate us.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMEN Hoss!!!! I couldn't have said it better. The best thing for the US to do for the UN is to kick them out of the US, then withdraw from it. There's no use in the UN making any kind of resolution to get a rogue nation to stop doing something because those nations know that the UN has no backbone and will not enforce their resolutions. All the left wingers, liberals, naysayers, anti war screamers are still mad because the US went into Iraq. Well, it wasn't like Iraq didn't know that someone was coming. The UN did pass 14 resolutions to get them to stop their shenanigans (using that for lack of a better word), and they didn't abide by them because they knew the UN wouldn't do anything to them. When the US did start attacking, what did Saddam do? He eventually escaped to a hole where he was captured.

Reaction score
Excellent "rant", Scott!!

UN = All bark, no bite

Of course they resent the US. We will "bite" when pushed enough. And, when we do it exposes the UN as the "puppet without strings" that they are. Of course, that angers them!:nutkick:
I think, in principal, the UN is a good organization. But, with too many agendas and lack of strong leadership it's become a failure.:confused:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14