Anti-Theft Solution:Plate inside door to stop break-ins?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roland the "revised" jimmy jammers installation sheet
also recommeds this...(itll keep 'em from slap hammering the lock out)

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
The Jimmi Jammer was exactly what I was looking for, thanks guys!
They wouldn't have broke the glass, this happened in front of Best Buy at 12:30 in the afternoon. Apparently he's done it a few times, cause there was hardly any damage done and there were a ton of people around that afternoon.

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
I saw chrome handles somewhere, don't be confused with the imatation stick ons, these were actually made from chrome, stainless or polished alum. I can't remeber which but I will do a search and get back to you on that. They sell them and they are solid pieces that are pretty spiffy looking at that too.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
Robert, your a braver man then I. havent had to worry bout my truck being broken in to yet....
I sometimes forget to take my keys out of the ignition for days on end.:eek:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Even worse yet is that my tumblers in my ignition switch are wore out and you can start my rig without any keys what-so-ever. So, if I dont yank on the wheel until it locks, she's free for the taking. I find myself driving the old girl without keys almost as much as with them.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4drdually...its a great idea, but how do you get in if the batt. is
dead or your keyfobs fail <i know its rare but....>

also consider that moving to rear door handles on the FRONT
does NOTHING to prevent someone from poping the door handle
w/ a screwdriver.

it would be cheaper STILL to disconnect the key/lock assembly
if you didnt want someone slap hammering the key lock

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
SDEric said:
I saw chrome handles somewhere, don't be confused with the imatation stick ons, these were actually made from chrome, stainless or polished alum. I can't remeber which but I will do a search and get back to you on that. They sell them and they are solid pieces that are pretty spiffy looking at that too.

you can buy solid billit aluminum replacement door handles, but prepared to shell out a chunk of change for them. about 500 to 600 for a complete set.

i have also seen poured aluminum replacements for about half the price of solid.

Last edited:

4drdually

Wrench Head
Reaction score
I never said the rear door handles were a GOOD idea! I saw someone selling them as anti theft devices and i said the same thing. I guess if you really wanted to do it, you could wire to battery charging posts in the wheel well. That way you could charge the battery just in case.

Dan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14