Any One Use "Edge Juice w/Attitude monitor"

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
I have the older Non Platinum version. The Platinum monitors much more parameters,and can be more custom. Others on this forum seem to think that sct and other brands are the way to go. I really dont know any better,haven't experienced others. Mine has been flawless,and truck seems to shift just fine,and hauls ass! A little turbo lag but I don't think that's the juices fault. I'm O.K. with my current h.p./performance. I don't want to replace heads ever again! Good luck, I'm sure others will hopefully jump in and help you w/ your decision. More power is definately fun.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thay work fine I just recently took mine off and went with a programer. The platinum controles alot more than the standared edge you just need to remember when you change power levels to take it easy at first so your transmission will relearn for the extra power.

Reaction score
Well just like when you install a tune from yer sct you need to let it shift easy for the first 20 shifts. I had the edge juice platinum switched over to the sct livewire. The edge was good for some extra power but itis definitely no sct. You can get a sct livewire for 600 bucks and it will monitor the same parameters as the edge. The only thing i miss about the edge is the turbo timer. No big deal really i just bought an aftermarket one.

Nother problem i had with the juice is when i'd shut my truck off at a drive thru sometimes it would load up a duramax file when i restarted it. I'd have to shut the truck back off and restart it to load the ford files.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I've never heard of the tranny adjusting to the power level. Is this the consensus?

It's not consensus, it is Fact. The 5R110 (torqueshift) transmission is a learning tranny, and adjusts it's shift points and firmness, to the conditions that it is presented with. In the case of a programmer, adding more power, you need to let the Tranny adapt to the higher HP, to prevent premature wear on the tranny and clutches.

I was told as a good rule of thumb, for each power level you go up, you should do 3 WOT runs from 0-60 to help the Tranny learn the new power levels. (do this at each level, don't jump from stock to a high power or insanity tune, do this at each level)

just my .02

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
when i put my quadzilla in it came with tranny re-learning procedures mines is a manual so didnt really need them but it was to the effect that you ran a few at 1/4 throttle a few at 1/2 throttle and a few through 3/4 throtle though all the gears and then make a few wot passes and then drive it for like 15 min then you were good to go

Millman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I take it Chips/programmers are used pretty extensively on Diesel trucks. What product do you use?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14