Humor Anybody Seen This Yet?

nmu1974

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We all may of missed something about this deal.:rant
I was told that all of the old crushed cars and trucks are being sold to China, for the steel that's in them.
Things are just not right about this hole deal. Sucks for sure. They will sale it back to us as imported and our people will be without more jobs in the steel business.:hail:hail:hail:

We did the same with Japan just before WW2. We were then attacked by our own scrap metal. People who do not understand history are bound to repeat it.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:bp

that whole program was sofa king we todd ed.

First, the only people who could take advantage of the program we those that could afford to buy a NEW car.
It didn't do a thing for the poor sap working two part-time jobs and still had no money to fix his broken down turd of an '88 Bonneville. So THOSE wrecks are still out there.. accidents waiting to happen.

Second. You scrapped anything traded in. Again, sacrificing a good vehicle and leaving a potential liability out there on the road.

Third. You did nothing put put a bunch of KIA's, Hyundai's and Toyota's on the road. I guess because they didn't get any bail-out cash, this is the bone the gummit threw them.

:rant mode off.

we now return you to your regularly scheduled life....

EXACTLY!! All the people that really needed to get rid of their shat boxes couldn't afford to and the people that could and did just dried up the market for the people driving the 88 bonnevilles. Now quite a few of the good used cars that could have been sold to people that need them are JUNK!!!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well heres the deal on the disposal of the clunkers.yes engines are siezed at the dealer.then they get scrapped.within 180 days of the vehicles arrival at the bone yard it must be crushed.the yards are not supposed to be selling anything off these vehicles.but they are.you cant expect a junkyard to pay money for a car that all they can do with it is crush it.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Myself.. I can't see anything wrong with selling the Body & External engine/drivtrain parts.

:dunno

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
anybody know how to buy parts from those "clunkers" around texas, i cant find a salvage yard that has them i needs a bed floor, mine is beat up bad:dunno

Last edited:

yukondiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard that the goverment is deliquent in paying the dealers for the rebates. :dizzy
I don't know how the process is supposed to work, but dealers may be holding the vehicles until the y get the goverment money? Is the goverment part owner of the vehicle? :dunno

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
We did the same with Japan just before WW2. We were then attacked by our own scrap metal. People who do not understand history are bound to repeat it.

:eek: dang history, why does it repeat its self, shouldnt they have learned the first time:lmao:lmao gov for ya ,

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The energy savings is a lame argument. If a vehicle goes from the 18 MPG that a car has to get less than, to 24 MPG which is the minimum for eligible cars, it takes over 100,000 miles to justify the energy savings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14