Anyone rebuilt a 6.0 yet??

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
How do you like the regulated fuel return? Who made yours? What differences (good and bad) do you notice?

I think it makes a lot of sense, especially with injector life, but I would like to hear from some real world experience on this one.

As far as I know, it's doing it's job. I don't think you see a big increase in HP or anything. The other good thing is that it can handle slightly bigger injectors if I was ever to upgrade.

My kit is by Elite Diesel.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
So - it's kind of expensive. You don't sound like there was much benefit. Do you notice quieter injector operation?, anything?

I know it benefits purging the air out of the system, so that means longer injector life and yes it will be quiter. It also helps to keep the fuel pressure constant and the same to all injectors all the time. Plus you can regulate the fuel pressure which I do like (forgot to mention that)

The Elite was expensive, if I had it to do over again, I would have bought it from ITP Diesel. Much cheaper, but still a good product.

Check out ITP Diesel's Regulated Return System.

It can describe more in detail of what it does, better than I can tell you.

I am not very smart when it comes to some of this stuff.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A regulated return fuel system alone will not remove entrapped air in the fuel. It provides a steady supply of fuel through the heads since the rear injectors are thought to be starved on heavy pedal input. An AirDog unit will definately remove the air as well as remove water int he fuel.

Combining the AirDog with a RR fuel system is a GREAT improvement to allow greater injector life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14