Question Anyone ride Mountain Bikes?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
That reminds of of a Schwinn paper bike I had in the early 80's for my paper routes:sweet

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marin was a great bike. Throw in Klein, Santa-cruz, Gary Fisher and Voo-doo. Not sure who's left in the arena at this point.

Man do those names have a nostalgic ring to them! My 2k$ Marin has a Manitou suspension fork. The cheaper Marin has a Rock-Shox suspension fork, bought with my first earned 1000 crown bill (approx. 200 $)!

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I find it humorous how Marin, Santa Cruz and Gary Fischer have found their names on mountain bikes. Marin and Santa Cruz counties are/were the hot spots of early mountain biking in the greater San Francisco area. Gary Fischer is the guy who "invented" mountain bikes. Never met him but he was around Marin County back in '75 when all this was born and I was bombing down the fire roads on Mt. Tamalpais (in Marin County)...and huffing and puffing going up. :D

I hope you guys appreciate how heavy a 56 lb steel mountain bike is. :eek: These days they are half the weight. I called mine a "klunker" as the term mountain bike had not yet been coined.

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you guys appreciate how heavy a 56 lb steel mountain bike is. :eek: These days they are half the weight. I called mine a "klunker" as the term mountain bike had not yet been coined.

Again: Respect to you!

BTW I'm glad they're called mountain bikes today, as "klunker" means "testicles" in danish :lmao:lmao:lmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14