Question At what age are you a old fart

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
YES. Anyone Who, by Association, or is Party to, is in Consort with, or is an Accessory to.. Old Farts.. can be, Labeled..AN "OLD FART". (albeit Latent) ;):D::)

On Edit ? I'm think'n : Age Makes No Difference.. You Are who you Hang with ???? :lmao

Agreed. I like hangin with the old people. I love the old machines and stuff. Old cars trucks and tractors. My dad still works on all the old Ford tractors like 9n, 2n and 8n's. Points and condensors daily. I occasionally get the old Briggs motors and lots of the old K series Kohlers are still goin strong. Im just like my old man, love the old simpler things. Of course my dad grew up in that time, im just enjoying what was daily life to him. I'd love to have an old hot rod with a flat head in it or somethin. I see it as im helpin preserve all the old stuff. Alot of the kids now a days dont like or dont care about all the old stuff our parents and grandparents grew up with and used daily. I do love all my tech gadgets and stuff but its nice to just have the old stuff cuz you know its gonna keep on goin even when the newer stuff breaks down. :sweet

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still like the old K series Kohlers, I have 5 or 6 Cub Cadets that I play with some.
Would like to restore one or two more of them. It's unreal what a little 12 HP can do.
Doug

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I still like the old K series Kohlers, I have 5 or 6 Cub Cadets that I play with some.
Would like to restore one or two more of them. It's unreal what a little 12 HP can do.
Doug

I love those old K-series! They run so smooth and love the sound at idle. I like to see how low i can get them to idle. Almost sounds like an old hit and miss motor. I've always wanted an old wheel horse to play with. Do you tractor pull with them? We have so many old k's layin around for parts cause we still work on a lot of them. I want to turn our pto driven log splitter into a trailer type splitter powered by a k.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't pull any more, the club they had around here
went to pot, or something, one guy tried to run everything.
Turned out you couldn't have any fun for making someone mad.
Doug

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... Cubs are my other bad habit, between Dad and I we own 6. 2 149's, 2 782's 1 1250 and 1 1450. I love to use them and work on them.... ours are not trailer queens, or show tractors... they have to earn their keep.......

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Yep... Cubs are my other bad habit, between Dad and I we own 6. 2 149's, 2 782's 1 1250 and 1 1450. I love to use them and work on them.... ours are not trailer queens, or show tractors... they have to earn their keep.......

Yea trailer queens are the john deeres. haha Its hard to find a really nice Ford tractor in good shape and all purdy cause they still USE them daily. We get lots just beat to death but still runnin the farm. :sweet

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
wow, what a good thread. so glad to see so many of you still on here after all the years.

Im old because every year we keep hiring new help that's back in for the summer vacation from college and I keep getting older. :rolleyes:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im old because every year we keep hiring new help that's back in for the summer vacation from college and I keep getting older. :rolleyes:

Try working on a college campus to make you feel old. When I see Birthdays on apps for radiation dosimeters in the late 80's and I think what was I doing then. Thinking they weren't alive when the challenger blew up and many have likely never heard of that disaster.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try working on a college campus to make you feel old. When I see Birthdays on apps for radiation dosimeters in the late 80's and I think what was I doing then. Thinking they weren't alive when the challenger blew up and many have likely never heard of that disaster.

I Hear Ya Brandon.. I Hear Ya.

Last week, I was at our local Flea Market.. Someone Hollered.. HEY Mr. "J" !! Came over, said.. You 'member Me ? I said.. NOooo, he sez: I worked for you when I waz an E-2.. back in 82. We visited for a bit..

Ha had Married, has 3 kids, and had Retired from the Navy, as an Senior Chief (E-8).. 'bout 4 years ago and is now, a Teacher, at a local School :eek::eek:

It was Real good to see him.. but Man How Time Flyz.

It's All Good. :cool::sweet

Life Is Good. ;tu;tu

Joe

(said he learned Alot from Me, as a Young Pup ?... Thats a GOOD feeling, I'll tell ya)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58