Auto Meter Gauges?????

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a chance to get a 2 gauge pillar pod (pre99) with autometer ultra lite Pyromoter and trans Temp gauges for $40 total. The gauges have the wires cutabout 4" long. My question is should I buy them? What do I need to connect them up? I know I need a pyromoter probe kit?
How can I test them or should I not worry since they are Auto-meter?????

Thanks, If I get them I will sell the Pillar pod for $10 it is grey in color.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't worry about testing them. They are both electrically controlled gauges so I doubt anything is wrong with them. You will need a temp sensor for the tranny gauge and the pyro probe like you mentioned already. The wiring is pretty simple 12V ignition power, ground, 2 pyro probe leads, 1 tranny temp sensor lead, and an illumination intensity wire from the dash lights. (light switch) I am not 100% sure on how to hook up to the guages. I would go on autometer's website to get the proper wiring instructions.

I know that with the pyro the RED is 12V ignition power, BLACK is ground, and the YELLOW & RED are the wires that connect to the probe. I believe that the trans temp has the same colours for the power and ground.

Last edited:

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gauges are a cake walk Brett. Get them and we will put them in one weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58