Automatic A/C woes...

JRJ04

Reaction score
The orifice tube could be getting clogged up, but should not on that new of a truck, unless the compressor starting to go out. The only thing other then that would be the Ambient air temp sensor is messed up or something may have gotten on it and throwing the reading off. I would check it first and clean it see if it changes things.

Will the ambient air temp sensor affect how the A/C runs though? (I feel like that's a stupid question...but nonetheless). I would think the interior temp sensor is the one that affects how much the HVAC system runs and at what temp, fan speed etc.:dunno

JRJ04

Reaction score
So I think this might have something to do with the dual zone climate control...

I called a dealership inquiring about the interior temp sensor and they rambled off some part that was called an amplifier sensor for the interior temps...

So, it made me think...what if i put it on DUAL mode but set both zones to the same temp (effectively as if dual mode were off and i was trying to get whole cab down to the same temp)? Well, I did this yesterday and driving home...low and behold it sure felt like things were working better this way. My temp was set on 75...just how i always used to.

This makes me wonder if this blend door TSB could have anything to do with what I'm experiencing.

Thoughts?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda what yer do'n but FWIW ?? This whole "Higher End" temp control system is still kinda new to me, but I've learned that in the Duel temp.. Auto fan mode, it seems to do the best/better job of cooling down or heating up the cab.

I just leave it at 72* (default setting) to start with.. then tweak it to the desired temps.. left and right.

After an hour or so.... I'll move it to the Vent~Floor setting ?

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg