AutoStart identification and diagnosis.

Max Power

Reaction score
That is a Command start. They are in no way affiliated with Astro start in any way shape or form. The name 'command start' was bought out by another company but they no longer use any of the old products. Command start went out of business about 5 years ago. They were junk but they were the originators of the remote start. Sort of the Kleenex of the remote start world if you will.

They are junk. There are a few tricks to revive them. Usually unplugging the module and plugging it back in will get it working again. In your case, changing the fuse will likely work. I still need the model #. It will be a 2500, 250, or a 290 most likely. I can then get you user and installation manuals to reprogram etc. All the reprogramming is done through the hood switch.

I have attached pictures of what the astro start remotes look like.

Max Power

Reaction score
By the way, I believe the company that bought out CSI (Command start) Is AUTO Start. Perhaps you are confusing them with ASTRO start which is owned by Astroflex inc. I just don't want astro start getting a bad name because they have a fantastic product.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Well heck I don't want a "Kleenex" remote start in the wifes Excursion. I guess I will buy another UltraStart and install it right after I do all the other things on my list. I am sure the dealer told me it was a Astro Start but I guess he didn't know what he was talking about. It did start working again after I changed the fuse but it is back to only running for 15 minutes or so before the engine quits. Up here in the cold I like a 45 minute run-time. I re-checked my google search and I guess I should have read it closer. It reads "CSI Manufacturing and Distribution Inc. v. Astroflex Inc." as in court case against each other. Oops my bad.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Max Power said:
I just don't want astro start getting a bad name because they have a fantastic product.
Sounds like the one to have. How much does a basic system cost? Most of the places up here want over $400 to install one but you can buy a UltraStart online for under $60 and install it in a few hours.

Max Power

Reaction score
You can't buy Astro start that cheap. You would be looking at over $100 for parts. Installed for top of the line system would be around $400. That would be 2000ft range, 2 way page back system, etc etc.

I've sold lots of them to Chevy guys to be self installed but Ford's aren't quite as consistent with their wiring so that make things a bit more difficult to support.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Max Power said:
I've sold lots of them to Chevy guys to be self installed but Ford's aren't quite as consistent with their wiring so that make things a bit more difficult to support.
My 96' was a piece of cake with a wiring diagram. Are the newer ones a little more complicated? I am sure that shipping my Excursion to you would cost a little more than I can afford :p

Max Power

Reaction score
A little more complicated. Mainly due to the pats security. It depends on how far you want to take it, door locks, alarm etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14