Aux Input Wiring

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what I was talking about was the hit on the cables for the stock radios. Some stereos perform much better than others as well. The pioneer was rated very high. I usually find that reading the reviews on crutchfield really help out. All the manufactures make claims about how great the product they make is, I like to read how the everyday guy that buys and installs it likes it.

bigbrother44

PSD or bust!
Reaction score
Alright, so I'm going to ask the stupid question...:dizzy

Why can't I just rig up a wire to insert into the correct hole in the harness (which one would that be?) and attach a 3.5mm plug on the other end and thread it out to where I want the plug...:dunno Radio Shack must have what I would need.

If spending that much $ is the only option, I'll just use the FM modulator attachment until I can dump the stock stereo for an in dash DVD that I can attach a b/u camera to... Or I'll just through the 15+ year old Pioneer detachable face CASSETTE stereo in there and use the cassette-3.5mm adapter from my old portable CD player from back in the days when I drove...a...uh...dodge...

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if you want crappy sound then use the fm modulator.

that 15yr old pioneer probably HAS the P-Bus DIGITAL connector...

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the FM modulator is beyond crappy. You can buy an entry level Radio for the price of some the "good" (and I use that lightly) modulators. You can get a decent stereo/cd player with Ipod controls and more for around $100.00 with the free install kit from crutchfield.
I will second the notion that your old stereo should have the P-bus connector to run an external CD player. You can get an auxiliary input adapter for $70-80.00 and run your MP-3 off of that.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
certainly could run more than just a cd player off that p-bus...including
a FULLY digital ipod, mp3 (usb storage) and even BLUE TOOTH <phones
or audio>

...you can connected up to FOUR of these <DIGITAL> device...
typically only THREE wires are require to connect digital p-bus devices...

Pioneer USA - P-BUS Audio Components

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand you can run numerous things off of the p-bus now, what I meant was the original reason for the p-bus 15 years ago like on his stereo was for a cd player.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58