comment Back from the doctor.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got it back friday. powerstrokehelp.com Wow!!! What a change in the way it runs now. Even got a new SCT tuner out of the deal. Bill even did stuff above what we talked about. So the truck was right when I drove it the 500miles home.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Awesome Dogman. Congrat.'s on your better than new truck. Tow w/ confidence now!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Dogman...sorry if I missed it but what did big bill do for you over their??

He did ARP Heads, EGR delete, clean and serviced the injectors and put new O-rings. Just went over the motor and fixed what needed to be fixed and did a full service to it.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the out the door $? minus the SCT , I have that .. congrats I dream of this

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the out the door $? minus the SCT , I have that .. congrats I dream of this

$4k out the door, the sct was a gift from him. so to speek.....:rolleyes:

congrats I dream of this
It had to be done. Cheeper then a new motor with the same problems...

One thing if you talk to him talk cash... you get better deals.....:innocent

Last edited:

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any problems with my motor now, but I sure do wish powerstrokehelp.com was located in Texas, just in case! I've been lurking on that site for quite a while and like all of the info that he's got. Maybe one day I'll drive out there and turn it into a vacation while my truck is getting taken care of.

What was wrong with your truck before? What kind of tune did you get, and what kind of differences are you noticing now (power, mpg, etc)?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any problems with my motor now, but I sure do wish powerstrokehelp.com was located in Texas, just in case! I've been lurking on that site for quite a while and like all of the info that he's got. Maybe one day I'll drive out there and turn it into a vacation while my truck is getting taken care of.

What was wrong with your truck before? What kind of tune did you get, and what kind of differences are you noticing now (power, mpg, etc)?

Coolant was missing here and there, mostly when I was towing my 5ther around or really long runs at high speed. I also did not want to mess with the EGR anymore. Power just was not there like it use to be. NOW it's back....:sly
On the tuner, I got a Fuel saver setup but after haft petal it jump up and goes. I did get a heavy tow mode too. I believe Bill said the tunes are from Jody but not shore.

Just so you know there is a camp ground down the road from Bills shop and it's on a lake. Bill said He does get guys that go camping for the week and drop off there trucks for the work to be done.

Last edited:

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill

I think when you get work like that done (not to mention the money) its really good to have a knowledgeable guy like Bill to make sure its done right the first time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58