Back together

Mathew5973

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just got 1999.5 put back together new injectors new ICP new CPS new Batts New aircleaner Has Edge Juice on her. Will not start just cranks with occasional try to run sound and white smoke coming out pipe raw fuel oil full and clean. Lost Do not know which way to go. HELP:dunno

Mathew5973

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Running Rough Now

Got it started but running rough as all HLL when at idle will take fuel pedal sounds like it is missing?????????:confused:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you replaced the icp you got air into the high pressure oil rails, it'll run rough for a little while until that air gets worked out.

The air is also what caused your difficult starting, air will compress much more than oil and the engine will not trigger injector firing until it sees enough oil pressure in the HPO system.

Mathew5973

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Air

Alot of what I have been reading leans toward air being possibilty, I filled the rail up with oil before putting new ICP in. Going to check again this morning and the HPOP oil level. Thanks I will let you know what happens

Mathew5973

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Missing No Power Still

:dunno Did the the air thing with the ICP. Truck starts up instantly black smoked for about 10 minutes and lobed hard then smoothed out and quick smoking. Sits and idles can hear the miss will take fuel pedal in free rev but when you put in gear "auto by the way" Falls on it's face ZERO POWER! This truck is a 1999.5 7.3 If I forgot to mention. Has Edge juice with monitor. Getting ready to pull off today see if it helps

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go back and check all the fuel & oil fittings and elec. connections.. connected with what you've done.

Cycle the key on & off 5-6 times, but don't start it. Listen for the fuel pump to stop pumping.

Then, if it'll start.. work the pedal to keep it running, at idle, out of gear.. 'til it smooths out and will idle on it's own.

Let it idle for awhile.

then drive it 5-10 miles.

This really smacks of.. Air In The System(s) ? (like BJS & DP sez)

Joe

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58