Bacon! You Southern boys have nothing on this....

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
battered fried bacon?never heard of it but it sounds good.the pics look tempting as well.:D

Down here, we save the bacon grease and use it later for other tasty meals.

never used the grease in other foods but have also used it for my dogs to give them a tasty treat in thier food.what can you use the grease in?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take the bacon grease heat it up then mix the hard dog food in it to give it a coating of it. Let it cool then give it to the dogs. That better then store dog treats anyday and cheeper.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
GREEN BEANS!!!!! There is nothing like pot of Green Beans, with bacon broken up in it, and then a big ole spoon full of bacon grease to flavor it some more......

I need to goto lunch now.... you have made me hungry!!!!!!

I am lucky, my lady is from the South..... so we get fed good...... I found a new supply of bacon this weekend..... GFS (Gordon Food Service) has high quality, thick sliced bacon 10lbs for $40

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in TEXAS we have fried BACON another thing the north tryed to steal from the south. Crap it's even a main hit at the STATE FAIR !!!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
GREEN BEANS!!!!! There is nothing like pot of Green Beans, with bacon broken up in it, and then a big ole spoon full of bacon grease to flavor it some more......

dude, you SUCK.
I have to try and make that now...

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dude, you SUCK.
I have to try and make that now...

You have never had that!!!! Oh..... it is so good...... We fix 3-4 cans of Green Beans at at time (7 people in the house) and I normally put a heaping spoonfull in the pot. Let is melt and it is oh so good..... Or if you just fried the bacon, crumble 3 -6 strips up in it, and dump the grease out of the skillet into the bean pot!!!!!

I am actually eating some right now, leftover from supper last night.

We actually a container that we keep in the fridge with bacon grease in it, if we made bacon fro breakfast, after it cools, before it congeals, it get dumped into the container. Pork Fat Rules!!!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58