Help Needed BAD batch of fuel-Please help-truck down!!!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Is that a drain pet-cock on the bottom of that filter?
Yes, for draining water.
And is that the filter that gets changed or is there a drop in filter inside?
That's the filter, screw on/off like an oil filter

On edit: Do you have any other pics of this? Mounting bracket and closeup of where the bracket is mounted?

Ask & ye shall receive
View attachment 10021

View attachment 10022

It's mounted just to the rear of the fuel pump on the other side of the frame rail.

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Racor filter solution.............

1046796492037363248S500x500Q85.jpg

Tbar

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that Ball Valve "T" .. think I'll do that. Maybe one on each port ?

95bamastroked

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update: Got 'er on the road!

Well guys, after 5 grueling days in the heat, I finally got the problems solved!

It ended up being a bad CPS of all things. I had a spare and after discovering bands of rust in the front tank, the rubber boot on the end of the pickup tube on the sending unit being split in 2 areas, the screen in the tank laying in the bottom of tank and being full of crud, the fuel bowl having about 1/4 cup of sediment in it, and the FPR screen being about half plugged, I now have a clean fuel delivery system!

I replaced the front tank (136.00 overnight from Advance auto), removed the boot from the sending unit in the tank. Upgraded to a remote filter setup thanks to Tail Gunner!! BTW Tail Gunner, Napa had everything for that setup.....I LIKE IT! (around 90.00 with mounting bracket head, filter, all fittings and 6' of hose) I will try and get some pics posted on the weekend. Replaced the fuel pump, and thoroughly cleaned out the fuel lines and the fuel bowl!

Got all the fuel system problems fixed, fired it up and still had a miss. Decided to rule out the CPS and that is what it was. Normally from what I have read about a CPS going bad, it is either running or it doesn't. I guess I had to be one of the ones with a CPS that didn't know what it wanted to do!:dizzy

The write up about changing the fuel pump was a big help as well! The banjo bolt was a PITA. The fuel bowl wouldn't come out and away very much, but it was just enough room to work so that was good.

I was glad I found the problems in my fuel system even though I could have had 'er back on the road in about an hour. Needless to say, I will wait till fall before I change the rear tank.:sweet

Thanks to everyone for all the help and ideas!! I may not post very often(too busy working usually) but it is nice to know that there are fellow PSD owners that will help wherever they can!

Dan

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what we're all about Dan. Glad you Got'r Dun & run'n :sweet :sweet

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member