Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went out wheeling and came home like this

4x4ingjuly10006.jpg

4x4ingjuly10007.jpg

4x4ingjuly10008.jpg

4x4ingjuly10010.jpg

4x4ingjuly10011.jpg

I finally ordered a spare tire, but it hadn't come in yet..sure could have used it

Unfortunatley, someone had the bright idea to build a bit of a bridge in a mudhole. They had a nice sharp steel frame of some kind under the water and i got a 3" slice in my tire. We were 30 kms from the hiway, and luckily, my co-pilot was a tire repair guy. Using what we had..we managed to somewhat patch it by cutting my rubber boots into strips and stuffing them into the cut, then sealing it with blue silicone gasket maker. Also a good thing that someone had a good air compressor as the repair was not sealed 100% ..we would pump it up every 5-10 minutes..depending on the terrain i had to go through. I made it to the hiway and called a flatbed

I didn't get any pics of the field repair, but here's whats left of my boot..haha

4x4ingjuly10012.jpg

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you at least had fun while it lasted. You know it a bad deal when a Ford comes home on a GMC. Save that other boot. LOL
Doug

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always had intertubes and tire liners in the tool box with tire cement that would fit my tires. Made life somewhat ezer. Then I got even smarter and carried a spare tire along with all the other crap....LOL

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes, carry a spare and you will not have flats. Leave it home and you will get a flat.

Dave

Duty Calls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like my bad luck got worse

The factory in the US where pitbull tires are made has gone bankrupt. They have got another factory lined up, but it will be atleast 2 months before any product is made.

Although my tire is repaired, I would not risk taking offroading again as the patched area is not protected by a lug and could be easily punctured again.

........i've been thinking this may be a good excuse to upgrade to 44"s..haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58