ball joints!!

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i did my ball joints it came with the 90 degree zerk fittings, no way those were going to work, so i have plugs in them for now....going to try some short straight ones and use a 90 degree end on the grease gun....

how long were those straight zerk fittings?

Since yours is 4X4 you have to use the 90 deg, you can't use the straight one. Some guys grind a little on the fittings to keep them from hitting the axle u-joints. The autozone ones seem to have just enough clearance in them that they fit fine.

Most times the knuckle seal is bad and if you have auto hubs it needs replaced. You are lucky to find them at autozone most of their workers don't have a clue.

atk

Reaction score
Since yours is 4X4 you have to use the 90 deg, you can't use the straight one. Some guys grind a little on the fittings to keep them from hitting the axle u-joints. The autozone ones seem to have just enough clearance in them that they fit fine.

Most times the knuckle seal is bad and if you have auto hubs it needs replaced. You are lucky to find them at autozone most of their workers don't have a clue.

the ones from autozone must a shorter 90 deg. then the ones that came with the ball joints i got(MOOG ball joints) i will find something that will work,(just haven`t got around to yet) so i don`t have to keep R/R the zerk fitting when the joint`s needs greasing...
thanks....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14