Question Ball Joints

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
Well I have to replace ball joint's on my truck. Les schwab Want $ 600.00 Dollars that is ball joint's and alinment. That does not include seal's o-ring's the use dana parts. Any suggestion's:dunno

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the parts needed can be had from powerstrokeshop.com for $290 plus shipping. It is a good 5 to 8 hour job, depending on the difficulties that are run into. Find out what brand/type of ball joints the shop includes for the $600. Maybe you can buy the kit and have the shop install it. The axle seals that go in the knuckle go for ~$45 each from Ford.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Make sure the uppers and lowers are greaseable. A 90 degree zerk fitting in the uppers will clear the axle.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for some comparison, I had all 4 ball joints replaced, had an alignment done and had all 4 axle seals replaced by the local Ford dealer about 2 years ago. Total cost was $1000. If you can't do the job, I'd say $600 isn't to bad. Just my opinion.

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
I Can do the job just was thinking that was a little much. But compared to your cost not to bad.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Dana/spicer in my experience have been good stuff, factory parts on alot of vehicles. Moog is the best for aftermarket parts, not sure how they compare to the dana stuff in price. I did alot of ball joints back in the day for more than 600.00, so seems pretty reasonable to me, but if yiou can do them yourself.....

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There is an article, that I wrote a while back, in the SDD Technical articles - WIKI, in the top BLUE LINE above. You can give that a look if you want to.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58