banjo bolt mod....

atk

Reaction score
been reading more about replacing banjo bolts that hold fuel lines to the head. has anybody done this?

i see there are some kits out there and some are using 6.4l banjo bolts....

thoughts????

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I used the bigger bolts with my ITP reg return, now the word is that the 6.4 bolts are the way to go cost wise. You can also get just the bolts from ITP, or I guess it's Strictly Diesel now.

atk

Reaction score
tried pricing Ford ones today, parts guy couldn`t find them. yeah i saw there kit. found part number for the Ford bolts, get pricing tomorrow and make decision....

thanks....

atk

Reaction score
increases fuel flow to each head. appearantly the rear most injectors can be starved of fuel under hard runs or at wot. this won`t do the same as a full fuel regulated return system, but will help....got what i needed from Ford for $30 Cdn....

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the 6.4L banjos and the new Ford fuel pressure regulator spring (blue in color), add a fuel pressure gauge, and monitor the pressure. Add an AirDog for better fuel consistency (removed air, filtered), add a fuel sump to prevent sloshing at 1/4 tank (with some aftermarket pumps). All this can lead to increasing injector life and steady power from your 6.0L.

atk

Reaction score
Get the 6.4L banjos and the new Ford fuel pressure regulator spring (blue in color), add a fuel pressure gauge, and monitor the pressure. Add an AirDog for better fuel consistency (removed air, filtered), add a fuel sump to prevent sloshing at 1/4 tank (with some aftermarket pumps). All this can lead to increasing injector life and steady power from your 6.0L.

done the banjo bolts, spring and guage. working on the air dog and tank mod....:D

tractorman86

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the part numbers for the spring or the 6.4 banjo bolts? I am very new to the 6.0 aren't the banjos on the front of the heads?

jagular7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are. The passenger side is clear and easy to identify. Easily accessible.
The driver's side is buried under intake tube, heater hoses. The air box should be removed, the intake tube moved, heater hoses disconnected and then you might have an easy access to it.

You'll notice on the passenger valve cover, the front surface has a bolt that is angled. This actually points to the fuel tube. Follow the same on the driver's side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58