Battery light

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Tonight my battery light came on after I did some hauling with my trailier. I had the lights, heater fan on, and wipers going, plus it was 18 degrees and snowing. When I stopped and had been idling for about ten minutes and got back in the truck the battery light was on but my volt gauge was over half the way up. It went out after I shifted into second gear. It seems like it is still charging as I made it home with every thing on. Has anybody had this happen before?

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to hook up a volt meter and see for sure what the voltage is when the light turns on. Did you have your rear defroster on also? The alternator could be weak, or the batteries are not taking the full charge. Nice Bronco dude! Looks like a fun truck:sweet

f100cleveland

Reaction score
I don't have a rear defroster but I did have the radio cranked up loud.:roflmao :sorry It started right up this morning at 7 degrees and not pluged in so the batterys must still be good. I haven't had time to hook up a volt meter yet, but you think snow in the alternator could have done that.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Nealry the Same symptoms I had when my Alt went T/U... as long as I stayed in the 15-1950 RPM range the Light was off... R&R the ALT problem went away... (FWIW) I blew the Alt by not disconnecting the Batts when I did my clutch.... Starter found the frame.... oops...

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an alternator or regulator problem then.....

f100cleveland

Reaction score
It is a bad alternator as it finally didn't charge the batterys enough so I could see that my volt gauge was showing lower than it was before. The lite only came on once and flickered once after I started it. Not much of a warning if your not paying attention.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim