Best Filter/intake setup

JeffHK454

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Did some looking around and have been considering an intake upgrade , I was looking at the AFE stage II. What do people run ? What would people run if they could run any system out there, or trade in what they currently have on the " best" out there ?

Has anyone fab'd there own system , or considered it?

I'm sure this is typical criteria but I'm looking for the best blend of protection and performance.

I currently run a DB monster with muff (soon to be gone) and a PP III on a
2K SRW CC 4x4 350. The system will be replacing a K&N in the stock box.

The search feature did not generate much on this topic but I'm sure it's a very talked about subject.

Thanks for the input, Jeff

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I've got a big concial WIX filter on order to replace my old K&N drop in :sweet

The AFE stage II would be choice but don't have it in the budget yet.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Jeff,

Click on the link in my sig going to my pics, I fab'ed up my own for my '95. I'm sure you can do something similar for the 2K as well. It cost me approx 50.00 in parts and materials to make it up. You can buy a premade one from Dale at TYMAR for about 120.00 or so.

Mike

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Bill, were you not able to find the 6637 filter local? NAPA didn't have it?

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
6637 is definatly the way to go .... that is unless you have EXTRA money to just throw away... if you Do have Extra Cash Toys for Tots are taking Donations... so is your local Chapter of the Salvation Army.. :)

JeffHK454

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I think I might give the DIY a try. What is the 6637 filter orig. out of ? My dad is owner/senior driver/ head mech. of a small trucking co. in Cincinnati and gets a nice price on all Wix stuff , do they offer a comparable filter?

I Was just involved with a local off road club in Cincinnati (C.O.R.E) and the US Marines with a Toys for Tots truck show. They made $1k and got a ton (literally) of toys for this Christmas. It's a very noble cause.

Jeff

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
6637 is lsted in several applications,, every thing from a Bus with a cummins 400, to several Tractors.. Masey Ferg JD and others... Any Part shop will be able to cross ref the # Fram even makes a Replacement... although last time I checked the Fram Version was around 45.00 while napa sells me mine for around 30.00. I usually change it about once every 6 months.... when the white filter media starts to turn grey.

NVCowboy

NVCowboy
Reaction score
Ford AIS for me. Great improvement in performance over the drop in K&N in the stock box. Best protection for my dry dusty climate.

:cowboy:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58