best fuel filters??

jec2thdk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on fuel filters? I change mine every 10K. I notice a BIG diff in mileage at about 9K. Mileage drops from 18 down to 14 (RPM below 2000). Racor/Motorcraft filters are about 2-3 times Primeguard ($18).
Thanks guys.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motorcraft - May be a little more money but filters and fits better than aftermarket ones. I change mine every other oil change which is every 3k for me. Rather spend a couple dollars extra on correct filters than replace injectors.

jec2thdk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks 777....ordered Motorcraft . Confirms what I suspected. Napa likes their products but some opine they are junk.........is there a standard for these things?? Is OEM any barometer for quality?

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an International parts dealer close, you can get them there too

Fuel Filter is 184717OC93

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I get my MotorCraft Fuel Filters from Advance Auto Parts, I think they are $45 and that is both the Primary, Secondary and new O-Rings for both lids......

I agree with the other's a few more bucks on the MotorCraft ones is worth it..... I run only MotorCraft Fuel and Oil Filters..... Alot of the off the shelf ones leave something to be desired..... The someone changed the oil in mine before I go it and used one of the filters that are a 2-piece unit with a filter and seperate "adapter" that snapped into the lid of the housing..... that went away real quick, for a MotorCraft......

That reminds me, I need to pick some up and change mine.......

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Whatever filter you use make sure it has the water seperation membrain on the main filter. NAPA brand doesn't. I use fleetguard $35

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58