best fuel filters??

cubalz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Racor makes Motorcraft, they are exactly the same plus they are a couple dollars cheaper.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Racor makes Motorcraft, they are exactly the same plus they are a couple dollars cheaper.

Exactly so why say motorcraft only????????????

:stir

Doesn't Racor also make the International filters as well?

Last edited:

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Smoky,

One of the problems with some of the aftermarket filters, is they fit in the housing, but some of the primary filters did not have the water seperator membrane (looks like a dryer sheet over the filter material) and would allow water to the Injectors, which would ruin injectors. Ford started checking filters coming with injector damage, and at one point I read they were voiding warrenties because of improper filters. So I have always used MotorCraft filters, however, if Racor makes the MortoCraft filter you should be fine.....

Last edited:

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The point Im trying to make is why Motorcraft Only statement. Racor makes the filters for Ford and International. Racor is not an aftermarket filter but they are the OEM manufacturer of the very ones you need. Some folks have a blind eye to anything that is not bought from the dealer or sold under the dealer branded name. ie Motorcraft. This causes other people to spend money for something believing that only that part will do thus causing them eventually to not be able to afford to play in the game. All three, Motorcraft, IH, and Racor are identical except in price.

Same goes for Motorcraft oil filter FL2016 for my truck. I would not dare buy a Fram filter for a vehicle but the fram is a dollar or 2 cheaper than the MC at Wal-mart and frams makes both of the filters. They are identical. I run a Premium Purolator PL4515 in mine.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If u own a diesel Superduty i don't think 3 dollars every 3-5K mi is going to break the bank...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58