best programer for my 94

06cumminspower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what will give me the best performance gains between the superchips micro tuner and edge evolution. i have found these on ebay but i have also considered the dp tuner or ts performance(who both have 140hp tunes) but that would be a lil more expensive. anyways any thought and experiences are gratly appreciated

Last edited:

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to note: You won't get antwhere near 140 hp gain without modified injectors no matter what tuner of custom chip you run. Stock injectors will only give you so much fuel. You would probably limited to maybe 60-70 hp gain max (and I'm probably being generous). Cheers!

06cumminspower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ended up buying a ts performance 6 position with the 140hp. what kind of rwhp can i expect? its a 5spd with intake strait exhaust with 3 inch down pipe and ebpv removed. mabey a cheap used nitrous kit? the truck only wieghs in at a shade above5200lbs with me in it and looks like hell i would like to make it a diesel sleeper.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i ended up buying a ts performance 6 position with the 140hp.

BIG MISTAKE!!! you just wasted your money!now you are stuck with the crappy TS programs.NOBODY can reprogram that chip but TS.their programs suck!the most you are gonna get untill you upgrade injectors is an extra 75HP and thats it!when you upgrade the injectors you are gonna need the good programs from twildman or dp tuner to see the real benefits from them.so you will be buying another chip.you had better have a pyrometer in the truck before you put that chip in!!the ts programs run high EGTs and will melt pistons.

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
BIG MISTAKE!!! you just wasted your money!now you are stuck with the crappy TS programs.NOBODY can reprogram that chip but TS.their programs suck!the most you are gonna get untill you upgrade injectors is an extra 75HP and thats it!when you upgrade the injectors you are gonna need the good programs from twildman or dp tuner to see the real benefits from them.so you will be buying another chip.you had better have a pyrometer in the truck before you put that chip in!!the ts programs run high EGTs and will melt pistons.

I agree with all that.:dunno

TW chip = awesome

Another vote for TW chip. :clap:

06cumminspower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am really disappointed wiht the ts on the 140hp setting it doesnt even smoke much, i have modified my 12v cummins and my common rail and i know what modifying factory fuel settings does and with this it doesnt change it like i expected it to. i knew it wouldnt add 140hp but it doesnt even feel like half of that especially with minimal smoke.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
you WILL NOT get anything from it till you upgrade injectors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14