Best tuner for 2006 6.0L?

Max Power

Reaction score
What is the best tuner currently available for the 2006 6.0L? I'm looking for modest power gains (100hp) but I want something that isn't too hard on the transmission.

In our 03 we were running the Edge Juice and never had any problems. Any suggestions?

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people have been very happy with the SCT Xcalibrator 2. I'm thinking about giving it a try. I have had my Edge/Attitude off for about a month and am ready to experiment with a new one.

Barrett

Reaction score
I've run the Edge and a few others - currently I am a fan of Quadzilla. It puts out more than enough power for me - my tranny doesn't argue about it and I love the safety factors built into it.

Ron

Max Power

Reaction score
Unfortunately the 03 was getting to the point where we just can't rely on it anymore. It has turbo problems and no one wants to help us. The truck makes quite a few semi-long distance runs to the US and it has to be reliable. The 06 upgrade was about the only way to make it work.

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The SCT Xcal2 is a very nice programmer and easy to use. What I like about it is you get a code reader, datalogger through a laptop, plug it up and you can watch things like egt's, boost, and many other things while you are driving down the road. Makes it very nice if you take it to the drag strip you can actually monitor and log how your truck performed. :burnit Very end user friendly. You can store up to 3 tunes on your SCT and as many as you want to play with or need on you computer. Switch them out as you want to. You can also have custom written programs if needed for you set up.

Hope this helps.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have heard issues with trannies when running the Edge...
Only second hand from folks like DALPilot, etc... but my vote is for the XCal2...

I've been more than pleased with the SCT XCal2...

Vroom, Vroom in an 8K lb shoe box :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58