Big Drop in Fuel Mileage

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
So My mileage has dropped from a consistent 17 to 12-14. I havent done anything to the truck, except installing a BTS trans about 6 months ago. I maintain my tire pressure monthly with little need for adjustment. I also know that a drop in mileage is expected with the heat in summer, but this is my 4th summer with my truck and I've never experienced this much of a deviation. What would be some things to check? Please help!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Actually, the Summer Fuel gets better mileage over the Winter fuel. More calories per gallon in Summer fuel. I have not noticed that big of a drop in my fuel mileage. I am seeing a 1.5 to 2.0 mpg drop. I was getting 17.4 over the last 3 months, but I do not drive very far. :dunno

Dave :)

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Thats right. I got them mixed up. ha. well, thats means my mileage has taken even more of a drop than I thought!!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
changed both of those about three months ago.

You might wana pull the fuel filter anyway.. and take a look at it ? You may have gotten a slug of sediments.. during a fill-up ?

Is this lower mpg's a recent thing ?

Joe

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
I tend to change the air and fuel at same time whether they need it or not. I only go about 3k to 5k miles until I change them. So pretty much every oil change lol. All apart of the maintenance :sweet

Travis

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Didnt think of that. I havent noticed any difference in them. What would cause them to affect my mileage?

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
If they are hanging up the drag would require more power to move the truck more power=more fuel it would be somewhere for ya to start

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58