Biggest Fuel killer for a RV lets list it.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
for us its running 65 mph will net 7.7 over all

however going down to south texas last week, we had a hard 18-20 mph head side wind, i barley got 5 out of a gallon :( but only put wear on the passenger side tires :lmao

as for drafting......i had the numerous occasions to be close to big trucks and watching my boost gauge go down and insta mpg go up by several points.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I did it just for fun and ended up at $58,900 for a f350 dw.
I thought about doing that for a few minutes when the Blue Beast's EGR cooler went tango uniform. Thankfully I don't think I bent anything, as I drove it back home and parked it but the EGR cooler is obviously leaking because the engine is now hydro locked.

But even with X plan pricing I would be looking at an $800 truck payment, and she who must be obeyed would not hear of it. Besides, it's much cheaper to fix the Blue Beast.

Back to the subject of the thread, I see eighteen wheelers with trailers that have ground effects packages installed, as the Love Shack is sitting on flipped axles due to the Blue Beast being on a 4x4 suspension, I'm thinking of doing something similar with 1/4 plywood covered with plastic bathtub wainscot. Could be interesting. Without such a modification I get anywhere from 10-13 mpg towing, depending on whether I have a headwind or a tailwind.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr