Biod?

F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can i just pump bioD in my 7.3 without any mods? will there be any gain from using bioD other than cleaner enviornment?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Smoother running truck, and quieter too. Carry a spare fuel filter when you switch to bio. Bio will clean out your tank in the first tank full. The junk will plug your fuel filter.

Dave

binuya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
so I can pump it without any mod?

Absolutely. As Dave said, you might encounter filter plugging as bio is an amazing solvent and if you have any tank build up from dino, it will end up on your filter and plug it. Depends on the condition of your tank to begin with though. Didn't happen to me.

Your truck will love it. Bio will clean out your entire fuel system from tank to injectors. You'll notice it will also soften the clatter, and you'll have a sweet smelling exhaust.

Keep in mind biodiesel's BTU content is lower than dino. MPG on B100 will drop 5-10%. Proportionate drop in power. These things don't bother me since I make my own, and besides, the benefits outweigh the negatives for me.

F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you produce your own? You bought those tanks and setup to do it from veg oil?

binuya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How do you produce your own? You bought those tanks and setup to do it from veg oil?

I have a 55 gallon drum processor I made. Plans and procedures all over the web. I have been making it for over a year now. I have a few small volume restaurants where I have parked a barrel for them to dump their used oil.
It's pretty much a hobby for personal use.

F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it expensive to make the processor? Is it too tedious to make the biodiesel sorry if I ask lots of questions it just that this caught my attention thanks

binuya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Cost me maybe 250-300 bucks, plus I had a lot of parts lying around. Kinda' depends on what your abilities are with fabricating, sourcing out parts etc. Actually, the most expensive parts were the ball valves. With my set up, I needed 9 of them. Usually 6-9 bucks a shot. Check out 'how to make biodiesel.org'. Great place to start. Another thought, and above all. Make sure you secure an oil source. Without it, your dead in the water.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg