Biodiesel content in 6.4l

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
now i want to try it hahah , not trying to accomplish anything dave just wanted to fill up on bio give it a shot in the freeway ride home from santa barbara

Just remember that Ford will void your warranty if you have a problem using over B5. I did not have any problems using Bio. I am not running it now because that fuel station is not in my area and 25 miles id a bit far to go for it.

Dave :)

dpantazis

Reaction score
i was told by a factory rep that b5 is the limit for these common rail setups (not just international) because bio is "hard to control" (regarding ingredients and water content). rather than deal with it they set the limit super safe at 5%.

that is exactly the point. there is no quality control or ASTM test for water concentration, free methanol or unreacted lye for BioD.

i have seen VW pistons that were totally scorched and even melted due to running too high a concentration of bio. the fault was an injector malfuntion caused by the 'caustic' nature of the fuel, which essentially over fueled and melted the pistons in those cylinders. it takes seeing to believe and understand WHY. and remember, i IS an engineer.

and poke around the fuel and lube forums to see why you really don;t need more than B2 on these engines for lubricity benifits.

dp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14