Black Streaks on your trailer

jkmcgrath

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I tried everything to remove them black streaks (stains) but no luck. Just now tried some Streak Master and it removed some of my most stubborn black streaks (Enclosed white car trailer)! Put some on a rag and wiped them right off with just very little bit of rubbing.

I read on their site you could use it on your gutters as well and it worked! Now I need some warm dry days so I can wash and wax it real good.

We have a RedNeck trailer supply locally and they stock it in quarts and gallons so I was able to pick it up locally. The salesman says his wife uses it for all her house cleaning chores (diluted some).

Thought I would share with you all a product that works!

Mac

Forgot, I have 24' Haulmark Racetrailer (enclosed) White aluminum siding.

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
mr.clean magic eraser and some mild car soap. almost no elbow grease
and streaks come right off

even takes off love bugs

i tried all the chemicals and they always left me flat,
try em youl never go back

i went and looked at their stuff, might on second thought try some.....

Last edited:

Russc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Get to Wal-mart or one of the Dollar stores and get some AWESOME. Comes in quart spary bottle for $1.00. Works great!!!

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second the awsome...... Buck a bottle and it works.....

rustysf350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Awsome is great, I have used it for some time. The front of my 5th can really get full of bugs, for this I use Soft Scrub and a rag. It is a lot of work, but it gets the bugs off. I then put a coat of wax on it. Simple Green will get off Black Streaks if the haven't been there long.

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
I've had good luck with "Dow" bathroom cleaner(scrubbing bubbles type) airasol can. Good for black streaks. soft cloth and no water needed. Nice for touch ups at the campground.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dryer anti-static sheets (new OR already used) work great for
removing bugs from paint...its been a WELL known rv'ers
trick for many many years.

i use 'em myself...just dip 'em in the soapy water when im washing
the truck...run the wet dryer sheet 'cross the paint, grill, lights,
plastic side of the mirrors and poof the bugs are GONE...it requires
no real elbow grease at all...just a light wipe and the bugs come
right off !

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Not to sound like I'm hi-jacking the discussion, but I think a closely related subject is the prevention of black streak marks.

The cause of black streaks is a dirty roof and the dirt getting rinsed off the roof during a rain and going down the sides of the RV/ trailer. Streaks can be reduced/ prevented by washing the roof regularly and keeping the drip rails/ gutters cleaned out. The drip rails are not very big, so it doesn't take a lot in the way of tree seeds, pine needles, cotton wood fuzzies or whatever to plug them up.

Another thing that will help, is a GUTTER EXTENDER. (The ones in the upper right hand corner of the picture are the ones I have.) They will extend the drip point away from the side of your trailer. Water will drip straight to the ground without running down the side of the trailer thereby reducing black streaks.

Or if you have a cushy job, cruising the internet all day long, you can build a HOUSE for your camper. :roflmao :D :lmao

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58