Block Heater Cord

flyguy51

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had my block heater pluged in and one of the prongs got melted to the extention cord. To get the cord off I had to cut the one prong off of the block heater cord. I suspect that I can get a new cord from Ford but I'm wondering if I might be able to find one for a cheaper price somewhere else? I'm not very mechnaically inclined so would it job that I could attempt myself or should I leave it to a professional?

Thanks Flyguy

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
you can get a new cord for around 20 bux at your local auto store which is way cheaper...as far as the install all you do is unplug one and plug in the new more or less...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.... After you get the Trucks block heater cord/plug replaced or repaired.. use a Heavier Duty extension cord, 12 gauge at least.. or you might (will), melt the new cords prong into the extension cord plug again. Also, use the Shortest extension cord possible. These Block Heaters draw 1000+ Watts, with the matching Amp load. (Amps make heat)

Jus my .03 :dunno

Joe

Last edited:

Deadman514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a 150BBI I found on Amazon for $15. I think Cabela's has them if you have one near you.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
as for the heater CORD....you can also go to an IH store if one is close to you... ford one will be $$$$$

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put mine in the airdam if I accidentally leave it pluged in it unhooks when I back up
West marine sells them also if you have one close to you ?

08475_f.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58