Blue CPS

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put mine in last Friday, I have only put 100 miles on since then but so far can't really tell a difference. Maybe because I'm just worried about the placebo affect. I will give it about a month so I can get used to it then I will throw the old one in and see if I can tell the difference. Or maybe I will get Mrs. lone_star to drive it around for a bit then switch it out and see if she can tell.

Who else has one? Any notable differences or am I fooling myself?

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lone Star,

I ordered mine and should get it this week, Ill do a side beside comparison, with you.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "test" is to put an osciliscope on the CPS wire and get a baseline of what the stock output looks like on the screen.

Then install the "new" cps and repeat. Look for the obvious changes. Pulsewidth, signal strength, and noise.

You will also need to PHYSICALLY mark the crank and use a timing light clipped to #1 injector so that you can align the ELECTRICAL timing with the PHYSICAL timing and see if there is any timing differences between the two sensors.

Until I see those results, Im calling the "blue CPS" mod a placebo mod.

The reports of better mileage and lower noise were a common report back when ppl would change their STOCK cps for another STOCK cps. SO those reports are nothing new in relation to the new Blue CPS.

mbryson

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
.........Until I see those results, Im calling the "blue CPS" mod a placebo mod...........

You're way to logical :D It looks cooler than the orange one (maybe it's black?--I've been working a lot on my GMJeep item of late and my memory is a little 'fuzzy' about the F*rd), so it's got to be faster.

I have a blue one (bought from Navistar) but haven't put it on yet.

northshore

Northshore
Reaction score
any updates to the blue cps "mod" Ive read all 24 pages over at the other site, seems like, well to me any way that the stronger magnet in the blue one is maybe responsible for a cleaner stronger signal, any thoughts about that. Any tangible proof on if it advances or retards the timing at all...?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
northshore said:
any updates to the blue cps "mod" Ive read all 24 pages over at the other site, seems like, well to me any way that the stronger magnet in the blue one is maybe responsible for a cleaner stronger signal, any thoughts about that. Any tangible proof on if it advances or retards the timing at all...?

Well... as you can prolly tell from "The Other Site", I'm a believer in it. Had it in for about a month now. Won't take it out.

Quieter, Stronger and some basic Overall improvements in the way my 2K runz, and a >BIT< of an MPG gain, is what I'm seeing.

Timeing ? I'm not sure. If there is a slight change... IMO it's probably what it allways >should< have been. But due to the weaker OEM signal, was'nt as consitant. Again, Only my opinion.

Ya gota remember, Ford has alot of >acceptable< specs. The OEM CPS magnetic strength may have been one of them(?). No harm nor foul against Ford.... it's just the Way It Is, these dayz.

Off topic but:

I think whats happening at "The Other Site", about this Blue CPS is: The thread was started by a member who was, obviously, Smoke'n Dope, for even >Suggesting< this CPS, be looked at, by others.... CUZ Nowa Dayz, "Over There"... an Improved >Lug Nut< MUST to be Introduced and Blessed, by the "Gang of 6", and tested (to Death) by a select few.... before it can even be concidered to be, an >Acceptable< Lug Nut. And Then.... Don't even Mention..... Where you bought it.:roflmao :roflmao

Much, MUch, MUCH better, over here. Nice place to be. Glad to be a Member.

TONs of info there. But I'm needing a finer BS filter.

;) :)

JOE

northshore

Northshore
Reaction score
I'm with you on that Joe, it is better here, Im not sure if its paranoia or.. what?
Do you think that its possible that all the trouble with the cps's going out unexpectedly over the past few years could be due to the weaker strength in the magnet? It would be interesting to know if this could be the long term fix to that problem.
I also find it interesting that the IH guys use the one for the psd in the bigger trucks to make them perform better, what I kind of got from some of those posts were that the 466 would act kind of sluggish and IH would install a psd cps to fix it...?
After reading all 25 pages Im kind of the opinion that this thing is all about the stronger magnet and possible better signal.
I guess i better get one and see how it goes.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
northshore said:
I'm with you on that Joe, it is better here, Im not sure if its paranoia or.. what?
Do you think that its possible that all the trouble with the cps's going out unexpectedly over the past few years could be due to the weaker strength in the magnet? It would be interesting to know if this could be the long term fix to that problem.
I also find it interesting that the IH guys use the one for the psd in the bigger trucks to make them perform better, what I kind of got from some of those posts were that the 466 would act kind of sluggish and IH would install a psd cps to fix it...?
After reading all 25 pages Im kind of the opinion that this thing is all about the stronger magnet and possible better signal.
I guess i better get one and see how it goes.

I think the magnetic strength has alot to do with whatever the 466 CPS does. A clearer, cleaner, stronger signal property... but I'm no engineer.... I just go with what works, as long as it aint Radical. Nuthin Radical about this CPS.... It just makes a 444, run better. IMO

I'v installed 6 of'm.... got nuthin but :thumbs for feedback.

We'll See.

JOE

(I live about 200 miles South of Sacramento, Re; yer next post)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14