Blue CPS

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
Put it in mine 10 days ago and it does make a difference. Smoother and not as clacky (if that's a word?).

wilson61

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
not much to add but in case you all forgot ford did not build a 7.3 they get them from international with the cps in as far as i have been told.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
FordMastertech said:
I have the blue DT466 sensor in the X and it does make a difference in the over all running, quietness and seems a little more peppy. I don't drive the X much this time of year, have a old 92 Exploder for that, but I was impresses with what it has done so far.
For the 100 bucks, I would say it is worth it. :dunno
I have spent more money on stupider things.:sweet
FMT

I put one in yesterday. I have to ditto everything that FordMastertech said, especially the "I have spent more money on stupider things" part. The blue CPS cost me about $85 at a nearby IH parts dealer.

First thing I noticed was the improvement in the way the engine sounded this morning with the first cold start, less "clacky" like DavidJ said. Once warmed up, it seemed to idle a bit smoother and maybe a bit quieter. It seems like it takes just a bit less throttle to make things move, but that may be the "placibo" effect.

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it helps people with older model F250's mine didnt do anything..

The biggest diffrence came when I changed to a Synthetic oil NOW that made a diffrence!

moto058

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Back around the last week of April is when the new part number and pricing was issued :sweet

Got a pair the first week of May:D

I have read I can get the international blue cps for $25 shipped. I have not been able to find it for under $100 anywhere online or elsewhere. I paid $114 at my local international dealer today. Does anyone know if there is a noticeable diferance between the blue international and the new ford cps ? As I have not installed it yet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The blue CPS thing went around a year or two back. Some said it changes the timing position which could help MPG's but don't quote me on it ;)

It's basically a crapshoot,install it and evaluate it,who knows it might aid in quicker starting,acceleration and lower EGT's. Post back with your findings:sweet

I might move this to a Blue CPS thread to keep the discussion in line.

PublicNuisance

Catch & Release
Reaction score
My 2 Cents

I installed the blue CPS, part number 1825899C93, in March 06 at around 30K, it failed yesterday at 47K. I had to put the factory CPS back in to get home. While old blue was in use I noticed no appreciable difference in mileage or performance.

Make up your own mind.:dunno

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amsoil by pass sys.

hey davidj let me know hows that bypass working for u. i'm real interested that little puppie, thanks:):sweet

PublicNuisance

Catch & Release
Reaction score
My 2 Cents Updated

Since I was currently running on the factory original I took the truck to the dealer for the CPS recall I was notified about in March. While I was there I decided to buy a spare to carry with me, I figured it was worth the expense rather than pay for a tow truck in the event of a failure. Much to my surprise the CPS costs less than $30. The IHC blue one I bought two years ago was nearly $90. By the way the new F@&D CSP is gray.

Does anyone know what changes were made on the new version over the old?

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amsoil bypass

Put it in mine 10 days ago and it does make a difference. Smoother and not as clacky (if that's a word?).

i notice in ur thread u mention about having a amsoil bypass sys. in utr trk. i'm very interested in this puppy. i'd be happy to hear ur opinon on this setup. is it hard to install or just time consuming? thanks for ur help.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14