Bought a house (on wheels)

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Bought This 5ver yesterday. We're planning on living in it for a year or two beginning this spring after I get the new shop put up. Probably put it in the shop for a few winter months. And hitch it up to the shorty a time or two for a little vacation in the summer :D Seems like a nice quality built unit, seem to hold their value. Hope to sell it once we build a house in a year or two, but for now I like the thought of minimal payments :sweet

So I guess we'll be full-timers this spring :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Rig Roy. yul like it I'm sure. JMO but Alfa-Gold is well built, good quality and good re-sale value to.

Joe

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
sweeeeeet
i hope you got it for a steal,
alfas have a great customer satisfaction rating.
triple axles, are you sure your little old 250/350 dually will handle her :tounge:tounge

dpantazis

Reaction score
congrats royboy! its sharp looking. the interior and upholstery look nice and tasteful. not like the goofy plaids and abstract floral prints in most trailers. i hope the mrs royboy is pleased.

so instead of housewarming gifts like plants, should we send you things like wheel bearing grease, jack pads and wheel chocks? :lmao

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Looks like a very nice rig Roy. Lord knows, I've seen enough of them. Are you towing it with your short bed??

If so, I recommend getting a slider/roller 5th wheel hitch. The pin box on the trailer doesn't look very long. It appears to me like you'll have clearance issues when turning in parking lots & the like with a short bed truck. The best deal is a Super Glide hitch. It'll move backwards automatically when making sharp turns so you don't bash the upper rear corner of your truck cab with the front of the trailer. A slider/roller hitch will have to be manually moved backwards once in a tight maneuvering situation.

Don't downplay the need for a moveable 5th wheel hitch in a short bed. Last fall at work, we took in a almost new 5th wheel on trade for a travel trailer. The wife seemed to be pushing for the deal. The husband seemed rather quiet about the whole deal. When I went out to the lot, I saw why. On the front right corner of the 5th wheel was a mark of red paint. The passenger side section of the rear window of his red short bed pickup was gone. There was a small dent on the upper corner of the rear of the cab. It doesn't take much to figure out what was going on there.

Stay away from pin box extenders too. I've only seen one of them. It was on a busted pin box. It was the only time we'd ever seen a busted pin box too.

So I guess we'll be full-timers this spring :D
Where are you planning on wintering?

Is Powerboatr's RV Park & Marina taking reservations yet??

Last edited:

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is one sharp looking 5er you have there. Like the his and hers recliner, happy traveling.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno don't know if you've had a 5r before Roy, but what TG sez about the Sliding 5th wheel hitch is a MUST,, with a Short Bed. That (?) and a "V" Tail-Gate.

There's an Old Adage that sez: There are those that Have.. Nail'd their RV, with their Tail-Gate whilst Back'n up to Hook & Unhook....... Then there are those who haven't Nail'd it......... YET !;):D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg